Alliance Chats.

INOY.6945

Hi all, I'm the guild leader of a large community in Guild Wars 2. When our main guild reached the 500 member limit, we had to open a main guild academy. But now we've run into another problem: academy players can't see the main guild chat, which makes communicating and finding a group quite difficult. Yes, you can say "use discord," but those who are in discord are not always in the game and vice versa.

We are asking ArenaNet to implement "Alliance Chats" that would combine two (or three) guilds into one and make communicating and finding a group easier. Or expand the guild roster to 1000 members. With the release of the add-on, this would be very relevant!

Main guild Roster (Last Online)

Support our initiative!

Reddit: 

Edited by noviiparen.8163
link
  • Like 35
  • Thanks 10
  • Confused 2

With the introduction of Alliances (if it actually comes) you may see an alliance chat feature, or that may be your best possibility of it happening.

That being said, because of alliances and Anets intent on keeping smaller groups to assign people to new worlds, likely they will not increase the roster size past 500.  And…. That would likely also be the cap for an alliance size….  Based on what we have been ‘told’.

• Like 1

Considering that Alliances in WvW are going to be limited to 500 players, its probably not going to happen. The devs seem to want players filtered into many small guilds, not keep joining superguilds.

Besides, you can already chat with up to five guilds at once in-game.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

46 minutes ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

Considering that Alliances in WvW are going to be limited to 500 players, its not going to happen. The devs want players filtered into many small guilds, not keep joining superguilds with 1k+ players.

How is guild "A" chat supposed to see guild "B" chat if guild "A" has no available seats? To do this, I have to kick someone out of guild "A" and take someone else in his place.

Edited by noviiparen.8163
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, noviiparen.8163 said:

How is guild "A" chat supposed to see guild "B" chat if guild "A" has no available seats? To do this, I have to kick someone out of guild "A" and take someone else in his place.

We aren’t arguing that.  But for ‘alliances’, the limit will be 500 players per alliance.  That alliance can have multiple guilds.  As long as the number of players that have ‘selected a guild’ as their WvW guild, doesn’t exceed 500, then they will be in the same alliance.  

How those alliances are managed beyond that is not entirely known yet.  

So, 30 players from guild ‘A’, 200 players from guild ‘B’, 170 players from guild ‘C’ and 50 players each from ‘D’ and ‘E’ could have their guilds selected as their WvW guild, for an alliance.  What happens when the next player from any of those guilds selects that guild for WvW? We don’t know yet.

And people have asked about a way for the alliances to communicate, like the old GW1 alliance channel.

But, seeing an alliance growing past 500 players is not likely in the near future.  Mainly to allow for smaller pieces for matchmaking and to prevent large stacking.

And yea, this impacts PvE but mostly tangentially.  People don’t realize that they will also be sorted into new ‘worlds’ when this goes live.  The Blackgates, the Jade Quarry’s, the Desolations..  all going away.  Which may impact shard creation at times, but mostly won’t be noticed by PvE players until they go to get their GoB.

Edited by Strider Pj.2193
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

Considering that Alliances in WvW are going to be limited to 500 players, its not going to happen. The devs want players filtered into many small guilds, not keep joining superguilds with 1k+ players.

Besides, you can already chat with up to five guilds at once in-game.

oh right ..

Wait, how can you chat with 5 guilds at once?

57 minutes ago, jokke.6239 said:

oh right ..

Wait, how can you chat with 5 guilds at once?

If you click the arrow on the chat tabs you can create a "Guild" tab containing /g1 to /g5 all in one place. Then from the cog in top left of chat window select "Show Channel Tag" so you know which one to reply to.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Confused 2

Yeah I really dont understand this.

All guild channels has been global to the account ever since they revamped the guild system, meaning you can talk to all people at once. Is this thread looking for a nerf to guild coms?!?!? Just scatter them over multiple guilds. You'd have to use plenty of guilds but hey thats the cost for making a stupid large ingame community.

But also this would cause WvWers to have a hissyfit since many think guilds are too large for world restructuring and that the 500 man cap need to be reduced.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Confused 2

39 minutes ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

If you click the arrow on the chat tabs you can create a "Guild" tab containing /g1 to /g5 all in one place. Then from the cog in top left of chat window select "Show Channel Tag" so you know which one to reply to.

It's not "chat with 5 guilds at once". If I have "GuildA" and "GuildB" - I can chat with any of them, but members of "GuildB" would never see any messages from "GuildA". So, if I want to gather people for some activity, I have to duplicate my messages for both guilds. If a member from "GuildA" suggests some activity (f.e. DRM/Dungeons/WvW/Raids/etc.) somebody has to forward that message to "GuildB". It's not what I think about when I heard "chat at once".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

But also this would cause WvWers to have a hissyfit since many think guilds are too large for world restructuring and that the 500 man cap need to be reduced.

Why can the alliance only be in WvW mode? Why can't it be a PvE alliance? Have you not thought about it? Without the need for the player to join up to 5 guilds at a time. If you can see the chat of all the alliance guilds.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Yeah I really dont understand this.

All guild channels has been global to the account ever since they revamped the guild system, meaning you can talk to all people at once. Is this thread looking for a nerf to guild coms?!?!? Just scatter them over multiple guilds.

No, we don't want to "nerf" something. We like the game and we want our members to have the best game experience. We want to improve our guild communications by having an opportunity to unite all our people in one "alliance" or "guild" chat. We are a Russian guild, our guild chat (two guild chats at the moment...) - is the only place where we can talk in our language without disturbing other people. 

And it's not only about our guilds.

F.e. we have friend-guild. It would be great to have an opportunity to chat with them (as a guild) without the necessity of being their member.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Ziriel.9832 said:

No, we don't want to "nerf" something. We like the game and we want our members to have the best game experience. We want to improve our guild communications by having an opportunity to unite all our people in one "alliance" or "guild" chat. We are a Russian guild, our guild chat (two guild chats at the moment...) - is the only place where we can talk in our language without disturbing other people. 

And it's not only about our guilds.

F.e. we have friend-guild. It would be great to have an opportunity to chat with them (as a guild) without the necessity of being their member.

At the same time, the discord is not an option, because it is important to suddenly see a message online (for example) "T2 fractal one place" and I need the opportunity to put in a chat + while I was not going to fractals, but when I see that there are 1-2 people left, then I I want right away. And when I see this in the guild chat (or in the guild alliance chat), I know that these are all people who speak my language and we can easily enter the voice chat.
Discord is not an option for this, as constantly staring at the discord when you play is not an option. Select a voice channel in the discord and sit in the headphones, wait for someone to yell there with their voice: who is in the fractals? or who is on strike? And then you have to write my display name with your hands, the typer has to copy it and invite me ... it's all complicated. LFG is also uncomfortable because you have to constantly look there.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1