GW2Skills just added the last three specs/Specter build discussion

Zacchary.6183

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/

Have at it! I'm starting off with this specter build for general use and then build upon it. I also have a more dedicated healer version and am thinking up a condi specter. 

EDIT: Drafted up a condi specter build

Spoiler

Gonna call it COVID. :^)

Edited by Zacchary.6183
error in build

IDK why you have a second off-hand dagger with a sigil of concentration they don't stack. I don't know why you would bother with food or utilities that impact out-going healing when afaik they don't impact consume shadows and barrier isn't affected by that either.

On the first build, I don't know why you're picking even the odds over revealed training. It looks more like a WvW build than a PvE build. Since it's basically a power build with enough con to upkeep alacrity, Executioner is better than improvisation.

On the second build, something like runes of sanctuary might work better if you're trying to burst barrier onto allies with little or no healing power.

I think the tooltip on the build editor is wrong the boons only work on enemy target  with siphon iirc.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PawAsiVlFw2YUMWGJOuW3xKA-zRJYvR3fhkTE0RCESJY+0AidLA-e

This is what I came up with for a condi build, its fairly durable because of plaguedoctor gear. You have a lot of modifiers for your conditions and this build focuses on that.

You can definitely swap deadly ambush for sleight of hand for more utility. 

Pvp, you could take Sage amulet with the standard thief utility skill

Edited by BobbyT.7192

On 2/2/2022 at 1:38 AM, Vidit.7108 said:

IDK why you have a second off-hand dagger with a sigil of concentration they don't stack. I don't know why you would bother with food or utilities that impact out-going healing when afaik they don't impact consume shadows and barrier isn't affected by that either.

On the first build, I don't know why you're picking even the odds over revealed training. It looks more like a WvW build than a PvE build. Since it's basically a power build with enough con to upkeep alacrity, Executioner is better than improvisation.

On the second build, something like runes of sanctuary might work better if you're trying to burst barrier onto allies with little or no healing power.

I think the tooltip on the build editor is wrong the boons only work on enemy target  with siphon iirc.

• Thanks for pointing out that issue with sigils. I rushed to make the build because I was excited that they finally updated the kitten thing and spent maybe 5 minutes on it.
  • They impact Consume Shadows. Outgoing healing buffs are factored in last regardless of what the heal scales off of, not the stats.
  • I picked even the odds over revealed training for both builds because stealth is going to be used almost exclusively for Shadowsquall, for both single target burst healing and damage. The amount of Might granted by Even the Odds is long lasting and will give me more overall damage than Revealed Training. Revealed Training is better for things like Death's Judgement that force Revealed or for general min/maxing.
  • I chose Improv over Executioner because the point of my build is to get 100% force as fast as possible using Siphon and Traversing Dusk and then use it for Consume Shadows. To maximize SF gain, I'll need siphon on as low of a CD as possible and as many shadowsteps as I can fit into a rotation. Assuming all utilities are on CD, Improv will give me an extra use for support purposes. And it drastically adds to my survivability since the AoE heals affect me too.
  • If sanctuary runes worked on others, I would have. However, they don't and shadestep splits your barrier. So the next best thing would be anything that gives extra HP to boost Consume Shadows. I would ABSOLUTELY use Sanctuary runes on a condition specter if Dark Sentry* (idk why I keep thinking its panaku) had a lower, or no, CD because then it combined with signet of malice's passive would give every attack rot wallow.
  • Yeah, and the numbers are off unless they have access to more finalized data.

And thanks again for pointing out the errors in the build I posted.

Edited by Zacchary.6183
  • Like 1

On 2/3/2022 at 12:46 AM, Zacchary.6183 said:
  • If sanctuary runes worked on others, I would have. However, they don't and shadestep splits your barrier. So the next best thing would be anything that gives extra HP to boost Consume Shadows. I would ABSOLUTELY use Sanctuary runes on a condition specter if Dark Sentry* (idk why I keep thinking its panaku) had a lower, or no, CD because then it combined with signet of malice's passive would give every attack rot wallow.

If I remember correctly Dark Sentry only applies Rot Wallow Venom to others. Thats at least what I could tell from the ArenaNet Specter introduction video. 

At about 15:53 in this video you can see the thief applying stealth, gaining barrier (panakus), but he does not get the Rot Wallow Venom buff.

Note: That video refers to the beta elite spec event 3 (end of Oct). I dont know if it has been changed for the Beta event 4 (december).

1 hour ago, Isaac.1253 said:

If I remember correctly Dark Sentry only applies Rot Wallow Venom to others. Thats at least what I could tell from the ArenaNet Specter introduction video. 

At about 15:53 in this video you can see the thief applying stealth, gaining barrier (panakus), but he does not get the Rot Wallow Venom buff.

Note: That video refers to the beta elite spec event 3 (end of Oct). I dont know if it has been changed for the Beta event 4 (december).

Doesn't the shared Torment still apply Torment related modifiers to you though? I thought I remembered Rot Wallow Venom still healed the Specter with Runes of Tormenting.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PaABsqxrlhySZgMRWLeOXnRXA-zVJYjRPfhkZE0bBUdK47lIA7h3S7bWA-w

This is what I will at least start off with. I only played it on the first beta as I was busy on the last, and I settled into something pretty similar that time around.

I primarily play WvW, so this is what the build would be geared towards. Honestly it is disappointing how low the healing pier coefficients are for most of the skills, but regardless Minstrel's is such a stacked stat spread even for the tankiness alone. As I get more comfortable I will probably move into different stats that incorporate condition damage as well, but this will be the foundation spec for me. I played some variants of this in the first beta and really liked having pistol offhand for the easy access to smoke fields due to shroud having 2 blasts. Idk if Consume Shadows is worth it anymore since I didn't play it after it got nerfed, and I don't like the idea of all of my shroud being dumped if I flash it for a few seconds. 

8 hours ago, kash.9213 said:

Doesn't the shared Torment still apply Torment related modifiers to you though? I thought I remembered Rot Wallow Venom still healed the Specter with Runes of Tormenting.

Yes - this is correct. When an ally applies torment from your Rot Wallow Venom, then you get healed from the Tormenting Rune bonus. Youll also get healed by Signet of Malice.

See wiki's description for https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Malice

• This skill's passive effect triggers when a condition is applied or when damage is dealt. If the same attack applies both conditions and damage, the passive effect only triggers once. However, skills that affect multiple targets trigger the passive effect for each target hit.

When using SoM and Tormenting Runes, you would get healed at least twice:

Tormenting Runes heals per torment stack applied.

SoM heals per attack (doesn't matter if you apply one or 3 stacks of torment on one hit - it only triggers once.)

2 hours ago, Zacchary.6183 said:

@Isaac.1253 "Allies" includes yourself.

Usually - but after checking up a few gameplay vids of specter, self barrier does not trigger Dark Sentry on the casting thief.

Check the vid and timestamp given in my previous post.

55 minutes ago, Isaac.1253 said:

Check the vid and timestamp given in my previous post.

Alright.

I checked it, and while you do make a point with that vid I still think it'd would be worth it to test it's interaction with SoM/Torment runes. For all we know, what was shown in the vid was deliberately coded into the trait, completely separate from the runes. And if not, at least we know that rot wallow is strictly for others.

Edited by Zacchary.6183

18 hours ago, Isaac.1253 said:

If I remember correctly Dark Sentry only applies Rot Wallow Venom to others

I believe this is correct. I spent some time trying to generate personal barrier to spread and stealth attacking to heal and I don't recall ever receiving rot wallow venom when I did so.

When I look at Beta 3 testing videos I don't see any rot wallow venom applied to the casting thief.

18 hours ago, kash.9213 said:

I thought I remembered Rot Wallow Venom still healed the Specter with Runes of Tormenting

This is also correct

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/8/2022 at 3:39 AM, Zacchary.6183 said:

[...] I still think it'd would be worth it to test it's interaction with SoM/Torment runes. For all we know, what was shown in the vid was deliberately coded into the trait, completely separate from the runes. And if not, at least we know that rot wallow is strictly for others.

SoM + Torment Runes will heal you crazy - even when shielding others with scepter 1 (and they attack enemies).

Rot Wallow Venom triggered by allies on enemies does proc SoM (per attacked enemy) - and Rune Bonus (per stack).

Please refer to my second post and comment about the SOM/Torment Runes interaction.

9 hours ago, Isaac.1253 said:

SoM + Torment Runes will heal you crazy - even when shielding others with scepter 1 (and they attack enemies).

Rot Wallow Venom triggered by allies on enemies does proc SoM (per attacked enemy) - and Rune Bonus (per stack).

Please refer to my second post and comment about the SOM/Torment Runes interaction.

I did. That is a specter trait interaction with a specter trait. I am talking about a core heal interacting with runes, interacting with a specter trait. Regardless I am still going to test it.