"Not everyone made it"

30 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

I don't know why you think I said Zojja would come back.  I just said she's probably not dead.

A reply to the first paragraph would have been more interesting.

The second paragraph is more an answer to the thread in general, less a reply to your post. Sorry for the confusion, no pun intended.

Wow, it's just re-used footage! Nothing cannon is established in this video. Zojja is not dead. That footage of her falling is BEFORE she is in a blighting pod. We know nothing more of Zojja than we did before this flashback video. This discussion feels pretty pointless. The OP is stretching facts that don't exist 🤨

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

I see the OP's point. Yes, obviously none of this is new footage, but I also had the same thought. Are the devs 'reminding' us about Zojja on purpose? Could this Zojja-centric shot allude to something happening with her in the expansion? "Not everyone made it" is said as the camera slightly zooms in on Zojja falling, then it shows Eir after the line is complete, etc. Maybe we'll get word of her finally succumbing to her post-blighting pod brain trauma, or maybe we'll be seeing her return to the story (I hope). In any case, it seems pretty obvious her inclusion in "the story thus far" was intentional after years of not referencing the character in game at all. I guess it could be thrown in for the drama of a cool shot without really thinking on the implications, but I'd like to think the editors are craftier than that lol.

As for Belinda's inclusion, as someone mentioned being perplexed about, it was an important death for Marjory as a character. Since she's going to be one of our main companions in the expansion, they want to make sure we remember it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1