[EoD]Download is stuck

37 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

but wish to know if it works in 2022

It's still broken/disabled. Fun fact, I confirmed and reported this problem over 2 years ago when a topic like this was created; it was the first time a lot of people were affected. ~2 months later they disabled the -assetsrv option.

Edited by Healix.5819

Having the same issue here and pointing it at the primary server has also done nothing. Interestingly, I've noticed if I let it download for a while and close then restart the launcher before it hits approx 2.5g download the number of files the launcher says it's attempting to download does go down.

The game folder can be copied from one PC to another without issues.

You could try downloading on another PC and copying the game via USB.

Or if you're super desperate a friend could zip up their game folder and upload it to gdrive/onedrive for you to download.

Not perfect solutions, just options, in case nothing else works.

• Sad 1

On 3/1/2022 at 4:16 AM, Healix.5819 said:

The log isn't showing anything - either it's "working" (downloading very slowly) or it's not actually doing anything. Try it again, but first delete %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Local.dat (it'll force a small download) and leave it open for 10 minutes, then see if the log shows any warnings.

Assuming a software problem, open a command as an administrator and enter the following commands:
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
msconfig

Under msconfig, select the boot tab, check safe boot and network under it, then OK to reboot into safe mode. Remember this, as you'll need to uncheck safe boot to return to normal. Confirm you have a internet connection under safe mode, as most software will be disabled, which may disable your connection. Try patching.

It depends on your system and security software - it can be an empty text file, not exist or as shown (normal). It doesn't matter, it just needs to be a text file with that 1 line to work:
34.194.115.213 assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com

Morning! The safe mode option worked for me, lastly, I have tried all your suggestions, thank you for the details and pics! :) 

I already contacted support and what they do is blame my internet service. something I don't see because in my home I have two services and with both the error appears... they have a problem with their server and they wash their hands blaming the internet provider.... If it were my internet, everything would go wrong. and only the game is bad for me...

• Confused 2

On 3/1/2022 at 10:37 AM, Healix.5819 said:

See the link - follow the image guide.

Alternatively, search the start menu for cmd, right click it (Command Prompt) and select run as administrator. Enter the following to completely overwrite your hosts file (copy the line, right click the command window to paste it, press enter to run it):

echo.34.194.115.213 assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com>%windir%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Launch GW2. When you're done, reset it:

echo.>%windir%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

I tried the alternate option with the echo. link, the files finally started to move, currently at 84k files left to go. Thank you!

Edit: All files got downloaded ^_^

Edited by SirKilljoy.9160

On 3/2/2022 at 1:56 PM, AshisBrin.6047 said:

I know exactly when my download stopped working. It was when they "fixed" the launcher with that first patch. After that, I can not download anymore. The provided remedies do not work.

I am having the exact same issue and nothing works. 😞

On 3/6/2022 at 5:26 PM, Miike.1732 said:

I already contacted support and what they do is blame my internet service. something I don't see because in my home I have two services and with both the error appears... they have a problem with their server and they wash their hands blaming the internet provider.... If it were my internet, everything would go wrong. and only the game is bad for me...

Got the exact same response for my ticket as well. "Contact your ISP provider" when the issue is with their server.

Edit: Healix's guide solved the issue for me! Thank you so much ❤️

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/108633-eoddownload-is-stuck/?do=findComment&comment=1576463

Edited by Aries.5208
Issue solved, editing to add the solution

• 1 year later...