Nerf Vindicator

3 hours ago, Ashgar.3024 said:

Is this an Eu Thing? I'll admit i'm a scrub barely scrapping top 250 on US.

I rarely see them. Very rarely. On my lower rated Alts Rev don't even exist at all.

And when i do i don't find them very difficult to handle. Renegade is Tanky but they run Kalla/Jallis. They can't move lol so i just outrotate.

Herald is oppressive but unless he's a well known player or being babysat by a Support Tempest/Core Guard they just flop to Condis.

I'm not being disingenuous, my play experience and what i read here just doesn't match at all.

For what its worth i played some more Vindicator and yeah 3k Heal+3k Barrier on 0 Healing Power every jump is probably a bit much and is likely to get looked at.

Beyond that i don't see the complaints though.

Power shiro renegade used to be meta not too long ago, and its still very good. It was more popular in ATs though. Rev has been in or close to the meta since they first came out in HoT.

I don't think it will be meta in PvP or anything close to.

Doesn't have the mobility of power Herald, so is useless as a +1. Is just a bruiser/teamfighter, but has only a single non-stackable evade which costs 100 endurance units. If after the jump doesn't gets stability it can be tossed around like a rag dolll; weakness hardcounters vigor, and chill just kills his entire gameplay. Heralds will love his telegraphed Eternity's Requiem to refill his HP with Infuse Ligth.

Aside from PvP,  saw a few duels in WvW between a Harbinger and a Vidicator and the Harbinger demolished him (despite being a frail spec which I don't thing is as strong as the other Necros).

If all, EoD empowered Herald: Renegade lost the range of Forced Engagement so now will have hard time vs any build with ccs over 900 range, and Vindicator can't swap from teamfights to +1 and decaps around the maps due lack of mobility (wven with Traveler runes).

So nerf it hard: it won't be used at MATs, anyway (the Vindicator, don't touch my kitten Herald!).

• Like 3

I agree. I stopped trying to make it work today. I had enough; trash specs with a trash elite. I think it's meant to be a support build.

On 3/2/2022 at 5:29 PM, Buran.3796 said:

I don't think it will be meta in PvP or anything close to.

Doesn't have the mobility of power Herald, so is useless as a +1. Is just a bruiser/teamfighter, but has only a single non-stackable evade which costs 100 endurance units. If after the jump doesn't gets stability it can be tossed around like a rag dolll; weakness hardcounters vigor, and chill just kills his entire gameplay. Heralds will love his telegraphed Eternity's Requiem to refill his HP with Infuse Ligth.

Aside from PvP,  saw a few duels in WvW between a Harbinger and a Vidicator and the Harbinger demolished him (despite being a frail spec which I don't thing is as strong as the other Necros).

If all, EoD empowered Herald: Renegade lost the range of Forced Engagement so now will have hard time vs any build with ccs over 900 range, and Vindicator can't swap from teamfights to +1 and decaps around the maps due lack of mobility (wven with Traveler runes).

So nerf it hard: it won't be used at MATs, anyway (the Vindicator, don't touch my kitten Herald!).

Don't be MAD a rev OUTSKILLED you.

But seriously balance is always going to be wonky after the expansion. It's just a shame only a couple of classes got new effective builds instead of all of them.

Take a break.  Let the dust settle. Expansion isn't even a week old.

Edited by mortrialus.3062

On 3/1/2022 at 5:21 PM, grx.8714 said:

Haha there we go the first nerf post xD

I was betting if it was this or harbinger.

Enjoy the diversity, play it yourself.

I am actually playing vindi same as herald playstyle and not as bunker.

Maybe it's too early to say, but damage is over the top, if the enemy don't dodge I can oneshot with vindi gs5 combo. 

Just enjoy the change for a while...

Eh yeah actually vindicator and harbinger are broken in PvP.  Too much sustain, dmg, CCs, and mobility.  Just overall performing too well with too few drawbacks.  

On 3/1/2022 at 6:52 PM, Ashgar.3024 said:

We just had to deal with 2 years of brainless Core Necro meta. Rev having a spotlight for a bit wouldn't be a tragedy.

Yeah, you don't make something spotlight by making it broken.  How come Age of Empires II developers understand this but we don't?