New Cantha Guild Hall too small

Hello everyone:

I'm here to leave a request to the game developers to fix the new Cantha Guild Hall in EoD.

My clan (SAO KNIGHTS) really wanted to take the new EoD Guild Hall from day one and move there as we thought "it was going to be a big map with a lot of small islands around a big island in the middle". Our excitement was to use these small islands as houses for our members and create/decorate themes between these small islands and the main island.

What was our surprise? A super small map, with too many tall and steep mountains, invisible walls everywhere, inaccessible and non-existent small islands, empty main buildings full of decorations from the same map, the portal area for guild missions is thrown in a corner along with the garbage, the pvp arena area is bigger with benches that you can't sit on, THERE IS ALMOST NO SPACE TO PLACE DECORATIONS!

Last night we had problems between members to occupy the few accessible decoration areas, I feel that the game developers lost focus on what the guild halls really mean to the players.

Arena Net... The Guild Halls are the sanctuary of the clans! It is where the leaders and their members express their imagination with their decorations and you have just further limited that potential.

All I ask is that you rebuild the new EoD Guild Hall giving priority to more free construction zones and more space to place decorations, because if we continue like this we will have to return to the Golden Cave Guild Hall where they really respected all of these things that i said before. It's a shame that every time you want to set up a new Guild Hall Map, you think less and less about what a Guild Hall really means to the players.

PS: Please expand that limit of 25 decorations that can be placed together... IT'S HORRIBLE AT BUILDING HOUSES!

Atte.,

Red Ripperdragon

Leader of SAO KNIGHT

Player from the betas of the game

Main topic in spanish here: https://es-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/3431-nueva-sala-de-clan-de-cantha-demasiado-pequeña/?tab=comments#comment-16544

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

All of this.

We were able to preview the hall after all the hype for months. Someone had just claimed the hall for their fresh new guild and had invited us to take a peek. Needless to say, my excitement deflated nearly instantly.

It is yet again, another guild hall that is terrible for rp spaces. Barely any room for housing for characters, there is a giant empty cave that seemed to take up 1/4 of the map. 

It feels like the rpers are always left out of anet's design process. :<

Edited by NedNoD.9451
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, NedNoD.9451 said:

All of this.

We were able to preview the hall after all the hype for months. Someone had just claimed the hall for their fresh new guild and had invited us to take a peek. Needless to say, my excitement deflated nearly instantly.

It is yet again, another guild hall that is terrible for rp spaces. Barely any room for housing for characters, there is a giant empty cave that seemed to take up 1/4 of the map. 

It feels like the rpers are always left out of anet's design process. :<

Someone understand us! We are a RP guild and we made so many beautiful places to roleplay inside the golden cave that everyone that enter LOVE IT! And now that we want some "fresh air" we cant do anything good here!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, REDR.2540 said:

Someone understand us! We are a RP guild and we made so many beautiful places to roleplay inside the golden cave that everyone that enter LOVE IT! And now that we want some "fresh air" we cant do anything good here!

I'm from the same guild as NedNoD is and I got to see the new hall at the same time as him. I'm very disappointed by it as well. I was really looking forward to moving to the new hall but there's really nothing for us as an rp guild. We used to be in Guilded Hollow, had to make a move to Lost Precipice, and now are possibly going to be moving back to Guilded Hollow instead of going to Cantha.

Edited by Sora.3159
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Joraan Adenard.2061 said:

What about the music ? It has no music, unlike Gilded Hollow and Lost Precipice. Even worse, the only way to add music to it is to choose between SAB and the core cities, wtf ? What about that gorgeous Shing Jea music, can't we AT LEAST add that to the list ? It's extremely disappointing.

WHAT!?  No music!?!?! Are you serious with that? Considering the music is something you legitimately spend mats, time, favor and money on, that's a slap upside the head. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/1/2022 at 10:06 AM, REDR.2540 said:

I feel that the game developers lost focus on what the guild halls really mean to the players.

Yes, they have but i believe it's intentional.  What was intended, what didn't work and what we have now are many different things. Sadly the direction things went is to have fully decorated halls, then there is no need to add new decorations. We only got two decorations this xpac thus far! 1 crafted and 1 purchasable from a vendor. 😞

The message here is guildhalls were over long ago and we aren't going to continue with scribbing either. They clearly are trying to murder any hope us holdouts have for decoration in this game. 

Personally even though scribbing has issues people still found a way to work around them. Many people have their own private guildhall they decorate since they can't decorate their instanced homes. And this is quite a creative outlet for many people and part of the reason they play this game. It's quite amazing even with the limitations what people can create in their guildhalls!

RP decoration or just housing decorations / interior designers is one aspect.

Race track building/ construction is another! I haven't tested the height of this hall yet so that's still in question. What people have done with player created tracks is quite amazing. I only wish there were more ways to share these tracks with other players without having to be in a group/party and then running into the gotta switch guild hall instances problem that comes up when too many are in same hall.

Still I think there is something to this, something that could be expanded on here. but instead the message is we are killing this.

Edited by Kelly.7019

I agree the boundary walls on the west side should be pushed out into the water. New Kaineng City has water boundaries why can't this hall? I mean the world map view makes it look that way already.

I wish all the islands on the map you could land on. That reversed "L shaped" island to the east, you can't land on it, but you can go around it, it's very odd.

• Like 3

From a couple comments here what i'm hearing isn't smaller halls. They don't care about that, they want their conveniences in a central location easy to reach. That's all they want, which is fine. You can have that in a huge hall. 😄

I would think the goal would be to satisfy everyone. Rata Sum for instance best core cap city, why? because the conveniences are centrally located. You can still have a big map with hidden areas like outside of rata that you used to be able to get to. 😄 You can have housing areas in that map since its massive. You can have waypoints next to them for easy access lazy people. You can have large emptier areas for creative people to just build things, you can have it all! You don't have to just have tiny halls and then annoy the other half of the player base.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kelly.7019 said:

From a couple comments here what i'm hearing isn't smaller halls. They don't care about that, they want their conveniences in a central location easy to reach. That's all they want, which is fine. You can have that in a huge hall. 😄

I would think the goal would be to satisfy everyone. Rata Sum for instance best core cap city, why? because the conveniences are centrally located. You can still have a big map with hidden areas like outside of rata that you used to be able to get to. 😄 You can have housing areas in that map since its massive. You can have waypoints next to them for easy access lazy people. You can have large emptier areas for creative people to just build things, you can have it all! You don't have to just have tiny halls and then annoy the other half of the player base.

Well actually it's one person who said something about walking not about having all npcs in one place. 

I like that it's smaller because it feels more like some place to we can actually own. I like just feel comftable with small places or homes ect. it's for my mindstate to feel safe and happy. 

So nothing about the practical use of npcs and their conveniences.

I don't think that you can value your opinion as half of the player base here right now. There are a few just like us who actually care about this. Otherwise by that logic half of the player base was delivered three other guild halls for their needs so why not give it those who need it. You just can't satisfy ALL players.

New doesn't mean you have to own it if it doesn't suit you. And the location was introduced as smaller property. 

I really, really appreciate that there is a smaller guild hall in the game now. Ever since guild halls released with HoT, my friends and I wanted something smaller. It's really nice to see that there is now a guild hall in the game that isn't massive.

Hopefully they don't change a thing, not every guild hall needs to be huge. This isn't something that needs to be "fixed". If you want a larger guild hall you have THREE options. Not every single thing released is going to cater to your wants and needs, and that is okay. Stick with Lost Precipice, Gilded Hollow, or Windswept Haven if you want/need a bigger guild hall. 

As for the decoration limit being too low, that I can get behind - it really stifles creativity.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Honestly at this point the EoD Guild Hall is designed for solo single player guilds. 

Oh really? Why not you try soloing it to lv 69? 😄

Just be grateful that there is even a GH there. Bigger isn't always better. Look at Glided Hollow, the biggest among the 4 and also the one with the biggest empty lot, given the limit of just 2,000 decos. And also, there are very very very very very very very very very few GH enthusiasts in the game too.

Edited by Mil.3562
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

New hall sure looks great, but there is way too many invicible walls around. What i hope devs to do is open that map up litle bit from shouth and west side so we can saill around thos isles and remove thos invicible walls specialy at high mountain shout from arena.

• Like 1

I just responded to another similar thread, but I think a lot of you don't seem to be big on thinking outside of the box when it comes to decorating your guildhalls.

First, the buildings in the Canthan guildhall are far more spacious than the buildings in the previous guildhalls (specifically Lost Precipice comes to mind).  Second, if you don't like the current buildings, make your own!!  I'm already envisioning building an entire fishing village out on the lagoon using Zephyr decorations from the Festival of the Four Winds.  I'll even link a video of my previous guildhall in Lost Precipice to show some of the buildings I've created  (look specifically at the 10-minute, 15-minute, 19-minute and 22-minute marks):

The only complaint I have thus far regarding the new guildhall (I don't love the invisible barriers on the SE corner of the map, but I'll find a way to work around it same as I had to do in the other guildhalls) is the lack of new decorations from Cantha.  At least give me some Cherry Blossom trees.  The current offerings of trees do not work well thematically in the new guildhall.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mil.3562 said:

Oh really? Why not you try soloing it to lv 69? 😄

Just be grateful that there is even a GH there. Bigger isn't always better. Look at Glided Hollow, the biggest among the 4 and also the one with the biggest empty lot, given the limit of just 2,000 decos. And also, there are very very very very very very very very very few GH enthusiasts in the game too.

The Canthan guildhall will be my 2nd solo guildhall project (first is level 55 and decoration capped; I posted a video of it in the comment above).  But I think you'll find there are more GH enthusiasts than you might think!!  I've certainly encountered several here on the forums and a few others in-game.

I know a lot of you in this thread aren't in love with the new guildhall, but I'm already seeing a lot of potential for decorating.  As I said above, the only complaint I really have thus far is a lack of Canthan-themed decorations such as trees, walls, screens, furniture, etc.

On 3/3/2022 at 5:15 PM, Stephapanda.5804 said:

I really, really appreciate that there is a smaller guild hall in the game now. Ever since guild halls released with HoT, my friends and I wanted something smaller. It's really nice to see that there is now a guild hall in the game that isn't massive.

Hopefully they don't change a thing, not every guild hall needs to be huge. This isn't something that needs to be "fixed". If you want a larger guild hall you have THREE options. Not every single thing released is going to cater to your wants and needs, and that is okay. Stick with Lost Precipice, Gilded Hollow, or Windswept Haven if you want/need a bigger guild hall. 

As for the decoration limit being too low, that I can get behind - it really stifles creativity.

Windswept haven was a smaller guild hall and had a lot of already decorated perma decs. You could go high up into the sky but enjoy building all the scaffolding first. 😞

all they need to do is make new large guild halls with rata sum centralized amenities. They don't have to spread stuff out because its a big hall. No one likes that. What people like with big halls is all the extra space they can explore! All the extra space they can build stuff in! all the xtra room for beetle tracks! all the extra room for their own home space they can decorate.* If you don't like that stuff you don't have to use it. But if you love that stuff there isn't room for it in tiny halls.

Knowing how they enjoy murdering guildhalls it makes me wonder if they would even bother with allowing the playerbase to decorate their personal instance? This could be a reason not more then 1 craftable decoration was added with Cantha for guild halls, but i think it's highly unlikely. 

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

The Canthan guildhall will be my 2nd solo guildhall project (first is level 55 and decoration capped; I posted a video of it in the comment above).  But I think you'll find there are more GH enthusiasts than you might think!!  I've certainly encountered several here on the forums and a few others in-game.

I know a lot of you in this thread aren't in love with the new guildhall, but I'm already seeing a lot of potential for decorating.  As I said above, the only complaint I really have thus far is a lack of Canthan-themed decorations such as trees, walls, screens, furniture, etc.

Don't mistaken me as a non-enthusiast 🙂 I soloed my guild to full buildings restoration plus further exploration with 250 guild bank slots and also single handedly decorated the hall to max. Ask those who have visited. I really wish there are more players who will appreciate a well decorated hall. But most didn't care and some were even amused with the idea of having a private guild and asked ' what for?!! ' lol

PS   By the way, you have a very impressive GH. Very creative ❤️

Edited by Mil.3562
  • Thanks 1