Siege Turtle Achievement - Turtle Unlock: Suiting up (Maw Scaling / Luxon Tools)

Luxon tools will not drop, even after meta is completed.  Maw scales terribly if more than 10 people are there and becomes impossible to complete or too difficult because the crystals still hit 5000 per throw but the health pool for the boss increases too much. 

Edited by Hadi.6025
  • Like 4

• Hadi.6025 changed the title to Siege Turtle Achievement - Turtle Unlock: Suiting up (Maw Scaling / Luxon Tools)

Had the same problem. Killed Maw 3 times on my thief, got the specialization collection item on the first kill, but didn't get the Luxon tools. Tried it one more time (this time on a guardian) and I got the Luxon tools. Did you happen to play on class that needs a collection item from maw?

2 minutes ago, Letonus.3509 said:

Had the same problem. Killed Maw 3 times on my thief, got the specialization collection item on the first kill, but didn't get the Luxon tools. Tried it one more time (this time on a guardian) and I got the Luxon tools. Did you happen to play on class that needs a collection item from maw?

Yea i played it on the class i started the collection on. I will try using a different toon this time. See if that's a work around.

Update: swapped toons and beat event with 10 people. still did not work. Logged out to the desktop and logged back in still didn't work. They need to fix this because this literally the last part and i cannot get the achievement at all... and i've done this event like 3 times now... it keeps giving me achievements for everything else except for the Luxon Tools...

• Like 1

I am having same issue.  Ran with a group of people all got it but four of us.  Re did it again all got it but myself.  Same group tried again with me and again no Luxon tools and I am doing damage and all.  I contacted support and they told me nothing they can do to assist me because it is an achievement.  On top of that if you get more than 10 people and more people run to it the upscale is SOOOOOOO bad you might as well walk away.  I dont want a free achievement I want the bug fixed.  Dragons end Jade Maw spawns (2) times per meta.  I am trying one more time and if it does not work. I wont try again until I hear it is not bugged.  This is taking away from game play.  *update* i did it again with 5 people all got it but me....  ********Update******* I switched to an alt and ran it to see if that works.  It did work.

Edited by Klutch.9283
fixed

For the thruster this is what i've experienced so far. I went and did kaineng overlook for the first time and forgot to loot the thruster, did it the 2nd and 3rd but still no luck so i suspect this loot is daily. Today i tried again and got it but there is no loot option this time it just went straight to my achivement.

At this point idk if its a bug or the daily but if you didn't get yours on the same day just wait it out until reset and do the strike again.

16 minutes ago, Spicebounty.1475 said:

I have same issues with Kaineng Overlook; I ticket CS about it and they said they couldn't do anything, but said I was doing the collection items in the wrong order. I didn't know you know have to go a certain way with the metas apparently.

That's not true. I completed it without doing it in order.

10 minutes ago, verycolorful.7950 said:

That's not true. I completed it without doing it in order.

Yep. If a collection needed to be done in order *usually* the achievements would have a list that doesn't reveal the next step until after you complete the first one. 

Tbh, CS reps are not really reliable with information anymore and apparently now blaming players for buggy drops.

Exact Same issue here, can't get Luxon Tools. Contacted support and got a standard boiler plate response, Though when you go to check if They have acknowledged this issue, it isn't one of their "known Issues".

Will any Anet Dev please comment and acknowledge the existence of this bug? @Rubi Bayer.8493

Edited by Milkbone.9478

Finally got it. Took about 20 tries. Because of the scaling (random people show up). It is really hard to finish. Seems like a longer timer is in order here or better scaling. This is not really a new event since it is pretty much a copy of the fractal (where there is no timer). Anyway failed 15 times. Was successful on 5 (all on events that did not scale up). Got the drop on the last one where because of an odd start time there is was only 5 or 6 of us doing it. I am ok with difficult content but when you beat it and then do not get the reward it is really frustrating😠

Really like EDO so far with the exception of the "turtle business".

I had the same issue last night. 12 people ran the meta. 8 people commented on getting the Luxon tools. I did not get the Luxon tools. I submitted a ticket and have not gotten a response. I hope this gets fixed as well. It is not 'fun' to do an event and not get the reward.

• Like 1

The only thing I need for the Turtle Achievement is the Luxon Tools. I've beaten the Jade Maw in Dragon's End 3 times now. Fully. Commanding it from start to finish, without dying, throwing multiple shards, getting gold for the event participation AND STILL NO LUXON TOOLS!??!!?! What is wrong?!?