Tracing the Tapestry Collection - Bugged?

I've been able to find every piece of this collection/quest so far, with the exception of the tapestry piece in Seitung Harbor at the sunken Kurzick Ship. I've fished on multiple occasions at the "wreckage fishing spot", but only ever get junk. Friends have gotten their tapestry piece on the first try -- anyone else run into this?

I've tried fishing on a different character and trying on different builds to no avail.

• Like 1

I am having the same issue on my main account so I tried on an alt. Unlocked the Tracing the Tapestry collection and went straight for the wreckage site: got the item straight away. The alt only has fishing unluck 2 (angler sense) with power 115. It feels like either the fishing power or having other items in the collection unlocked prevents the item from being collected. Nothing that helps any one here.

Really looks like a bug.

• Like 2

Just ran into this today.  Last item I need for the tapestry collection. 

Can only find one wreckage fishing spot and only get tangleweed and it despawns after one use.  Have tried on a few new maps.  

Edited by Katreyn.4218
  • Like 1

I opened a ticket because i got the same problem, but the support wasn't really helpful.

They sent me the wiki article for the house of heltzer achievment and after that they said its not a guaranteed but a random drop.

So i think they don't even know it's a bug. (hoping they take note of this because i linked this article)

• Like 1

I'm here to report about the same issue as well. I need only the wreckage site collection item but keep looting greys. Tried more than 10 times in combination with nearby events and after the meta event (considering other piecess were tied to events sometimes). Tried on different characters, too. 

Was one of the first collections I've started on the expansion, and it's still 1 step from being complete. Can't wait for the fix 🙂

• Like 3

Just updating the thread to let you know that I sent ticket with an issue but support couldn't help. After they checked if I was fishing in the right spot (screenshots), they adviced to keep trying (?) and to fill ingame bug report.

I keep collectioning Tangled Weeds till they fix it 😉

Edited by banshee.9328
  • Haha 1