where is the patch notes ? - answered

@Blackari.2051 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:To be fair most games I know of publish the patch notes well before the patch goes live, sometimes several days before. Elder Scrolls Online puts them up as soon as the update goes on the test server and then updates them periodically as new things are added.

Yeah,cuz all other MMOs have test realms , Anet does not, bummer right ? they are trying to balance something without players input ...

ty

@Keyba.9570 said:Daylight savings. They will be out in half an hour

While you are right that it is daylight savings, it is currently 9:35 at Anet headquarters. They have typically released patches at 9:00 their time. With or without daylight savings time, they release at 9:00 their time. In half an hour it will be 10:00 their time. You may be right in that that will be when they come, but it will not be because of daylight savings.

@Blackari.2051 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:To be fair most games I know of publish the patch notes well before the patch goes live, sometimes several days before. Elder Scrolls Online puts them up as soon as the update goes on the test server and then updates them periodically as new things are added.

Yeah,cuz all other MMOs have test realms , Anet does not, bummer right ? they are trying to balance something without players input ...

There is a test server, only relevant people get access to it through invitation.

@Haishao.6851 said:

@Blackari.2051 said:

There is a test server, only relevant people get access to it through invitation.

did they tested this new patch and others on it and this "relevant" ppl shared their experiences with community ?

@Haishao.6851 said:

@Blackari.2051 said:

Dude, shhhh. Remember the first rule of the super secret awesome test club.

@vizjaqtaar.8620 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:

@Blackari.2051 said:

did they tested this new patch and others on it and this "relevant" ppl shared their experiences with community ?

They share their experience with arenanet.There's no reason it should be shared with the community before it's done.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/14429/game-release-notes-november-7-2017#latest

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:It’s only about 6:30 in the morning over there. How about giving them time to wake up and get to work.

Average patch time was a quarter hour ago, tho .. or its in 3 quarter an hour from.. not sure if america has a summer/winter change

Look at the time at post, which was 3 and a half hours ago from this current time. 3 & 1/2 hours ago (from this current time) it was about 6:30AM.

@vizjaqtaar.8620 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:

@Blackari.2051 said:

did they tested this new patch and others on it and this "relevant" ppl shared their experiences with community ?GW 2 doesn't have a test server that is accessible for players like most other MMO's. It is this way for the last 5 years. Some players hate it, others learned to live with it and most players probably don't care. Patch notes are released roughly at the time a patch goes live. We don't normally get to know what will be in the patch beforehand. Patches are released when they are ready and there isn't a fixed time. That said, most patches are live around 9 am Seattle time (UTC -8).

I don't know if this is information you were aware of. If not, you now know how ArenaNet operates when it comes to patches. They are pretty consistent when it comes to their patches :)

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:It’s only about 6:30 in the morning over there. How about giving them time to wake up and get to work.

Average patch time was a quarter hour ago, tho .. or its in 3 quarter an hour from.. not sure if america has a summer/winter change

Look at the time at post, which was 3 and a half hours ago from this current time. 3 & 1/2 hours ago (from this current time) it was about 6:30AM.

the forum doesn't show timestamps bigger than the day, so I'm not sure how you can see when it was posted.. but it doesn't really matter, patch notes are live now

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

the forum doesn't show timestamps bigger than the day, so I'm not sure how you can see when it was posted.. but it doesn't really matter, patch notes are live now

My post on my iPad shows I posted at 8:27AM (my time, today) and your post here says 5:35PM (my time).

Maybe check your settings on your computer.

Archived