Enemy of My Enemy - The Beastmaster

@Cakemeister.5792 said:You have to do this story step to progress.

I would use the raptor mount and make sure you have the Canyon Jumping mastery. I believe the default keybinding is the minus key.

One very important thing mentioned here, and often overlooked by people. By any and all means, please rebind the "Special Action Key" to something easy to reach. Even if you have somehow grown comfortable keeping this extremely important key in some remote corner of your keyboard, consider rebinding it to something more convenient. For example, just for this mission, rebind it key to your "Interact" key, and revert it afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...

@Rik Stark.7289 said:I have tried catching the 'Beast' several times but have never managed to catch it three times (put it down to old age and poor hand/eye co-ordination). If I quit this episode will I still be able to continue with my story in order to help me get a Griffon? Cheers - Rik

I'm not exactly a spring chicken either; I utterly failed to catch it the first several times I tried (not least, I repeatedly went the wrong way in a couple of places and got utterly lost). Once I got the hang of tabbing to casual mobs to drain them for the speed boost - and stopped getting lost - I found it actually quite easy (if a little hectic); I've done it successfully twice now (in succession), and both times had enough track left to try for the optional extra captures. But the idea of rebinding your Special Action key for the duration of the mission to something easy to hit is probably a good one (can't comment from experience - I have mine on a button on a gaming mouse). if you search the forum you may well find other promising ideas.

I also wonder what happens if you're in a group, and someone else does the race; depending on what my groups chooses to do, I may find out tonight. If I do, and it turns out to award completion to everyone, I'll try to remember to update this to let you know.

(Unfortunately, you need to complete the PS to get the griffon, I believe. Mobs won't drop the items that you need, in order to to have the conversations that lead you into the mount sequence, until that point.)

@Doghouse.1562 said:

@Rik Stark.7289 said:I have tried catching the 'Beast' several times but have never managed to catch it three times (put it down to old age and poor hand/eye co-ordination). If I quit this episode will I still be able to continue with my story in order to help me get a Griffon? Cheers - Rik

I'm not exactly a spring chicken either; I utterly failed to catch it the first several times I tried (not least, I repeatedly went the wrong way in a couple of places and got utterly lost). Once I got the hang of tabbing to casual mobs to drain them for the speed boost - and stopped getting lost - I found it actually quite easy (if a little hectic); I've done it successfully twice now (in succession), and both times had enough track left to try for the optional extra captures. But the idea of rebinding your Special Action key for the duration of the mission to something easy to hit is probably a good one (can't comment from experience - I have mine on a button on a gaming mouse). if you search the forum you may well find other promising ideas.

I also wonder what happens if you're in a group, and someone else does the race; depending on what my groups chooses to do, I may find out tonight. If I do, and it turns out to award completion to everyone, I'll try to remember to update this to let you know.

(Unfortunately, you need to complete the PS to get the griffon, I believe. Mobs won't drop the items that you need, in order to to have the conversations that lead you into the mount sequence, until that point.)

It is also helpful to not smash into the purple crystals :P

Archived