Phoenix pet...bugged?

Fortunata.2071

So after trying to test the phoenix out in WvW i started to notice it dying way to often. I then noticed it only has 12.5k hp (with Beast mastery trait line). Isn't it part of the wyvern family due to the abilities, yet it has less Hp pool than the bird family 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

This is a late reply, but take a close look at its damage in relation. It has the highest damage of any pet in the game. Its basically a glass cannon, with extremely high Power, Precision and Ferocity.

It does nearly as much damage as the player in full Berserker gear on autohits.

It can't hit moving targets at all, not even a slowly walking golem, so the actual dmg output is close to zero and in those very rare cases it eventually manages to land a hit, the dmg isn't scary at all. Even if it woudn't die instantly. Tankier pets like drake or jacaranda have much higher burst or aoe potential, while still being far from unkillable. And even if the dmg would be op somehow, that's still no reason for such ridiculous low hp. In that case the dmg needs to be adressed and done. But adding a pet with 12k hp when even those with 16k are barely viable is nothing but a bad joke and shows how the devs are either completely clueless or didn't even try to make the new pets useful.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

This is a late reply, but take a close look at its damage in relation. It has the highest damage of any pet in the game. Its basically a glass cannon, with extremely high Power, Precision and Ferocity.

It does nearly as much damage as the player in full Berserker gear on autohits.

Stats don't matter when dealing with the pet AI. The main reason Smoke Scale works is purely just because it can hit targets, why Bristleback works is cause its ranged. 

Can have all the stats in the universe but that doesn't matter if a slow moving target makes your dps 0 

• Like 2

was the first pet I found in EoD and after using it for a while I really didn't care for it tbh
As others have said it is a glass canon, and it does have the benefit of CC attacks.

Some people may find uses for it in PvE but for PvP this is not a pet I would recommend at all.

The White Tiger is one I like however, the F2 group Aegis is a nice addition and it can shadowstep.
I also like the Siege Turtle pet as well which gives a very nice chunk of AoE protection on it's F2, around 7 seconds or so in total and it is a straight up tank with a massive health pool and high defensive stats.
And that's without any trait enhancements as well.

The new Wallow Pet I have obtained but not used though, all things indicate a condi pet and I don't have any condi Rangers in EoD content yet.

Edited by Teratus.2859