Tag on mech for better visibility

WipZedKay.5316

A reoccurring problem when playing mechanist on larger scale events is that you simply can't see where the mech is because of all the people and effects being thrown around. This is especially annoying if you're playing with any boons at all and need to make sure that the mech is actually close to you and others in order to apply the boons.

My suggestion therefore, is to have the option to put a tag on your mech that only you would be able to see. Tags go above both players in height and layering so they don't lost in the sea of player effects which makes it consistently stick out among the crowds. Since the icon would only be visible to yourself and optional, it wouldn't annoy others around you.

• Like 9

Totally agree.  I've wanted personal tags for while now anyways, just squad tags but ones that only I can see.  Those would solve this issue as well (or at least help). 

For now I've been watching for the barrier numbers (light blue) to see where my mech is when it's not visible.

Personally i would like to have one of those spider mechs instead of this giant hulk or even an option to make the mech smaller because i do not care at all playing the spec the pet is just way too large and wooshes constantly from side to side on my screen if it was smaller it wouldn't annoy me that much.

• Like 1

that feature would not only be good for mechanists, but for everyone. Just a few examples on where your "Personal Tag" will be useful that immediately came to my mind: 

obviously: Support-Mechanists (to track the position of their own mech)
WvW: for your DPS-Classes or second-supporter to track the position of their guardian (although you should always be close to your tag in a squad anyways)
Open World: Especially on Meta-Events, where you have to avoid large AoE fields that would instakill your mech (most current example: Soo-Won encounter in Dragon´s End with the big instakill-fields and the charges, that usually obliterate your mech due to the hitbox of the boss)

• Like 2

On 3/8/2022 at 8:59 PM, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Should let us change the mech color!

3 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

It's a jade mech.  Jade is green.

Well, they could let us colour the metallic bits at least. Already see a white mech during the Kaineng Overlook strike.

On 3/15/2022 at 1:46 PM, kharmin.7683 said:

It's a jade mech.  Jade is green.

it's made in Cantha, and it can't swim...

On topic: I would like better visibility on it, but I mostly want a leash! The rubber band it's currently attached too is waaaaay too stretchy. The thing goes all over the place, front and behind.
For me that's the main reason I lose track on it actually, this is why I want it to be more visable: because it's always somewhere it shouldn't be.

Edited by Wiggely.7320
  • Haha 2