Groups are starting to gatekeep Dragons End.

26 minutes ago, Slowpokeking.8720 said:

NO, DS wasn't hard, TD was and it was very toxic until got nerfed..

Believe what you want. The fact is that given time .. people will be clearing DE just like they started clearing DS after they learned how to do it. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Obtena.7952 said:

No, I actually didn't compare difficulty. I compared the SIMILARITY of the experience of DE to other metas. DS is a walk in the park because people know how to do it. DS was not a walk in the part a week after it was released, just like DE isn't. 

...only that you are comparing. There is no similarity other that both meta events, at some point, were new.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hesione.9412 said:

Your point in that post was "people do it daily". 

No, my point is that DE is no different than DS in how people learned to do the content and succeeded once they knew how. Once people learn to do it, DE will be done frequently, just like DS is. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

...only that you are comparing. There is no similarity other that both meta events, at some point, were new.

That's the only similarity that matters. Of course new content is going to be content people have to fail to learn ... just like any other meta that ever existed in the game. Somehow, people just forgot that's how it works?

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

In this case, it is not. A lot of people will never build up the reflexes to avoid all the severe AoE damage, even with perfect meta builds and gear.

It's not a requirement for people to avoid the damage for a meta to succeed. I still see people getting downed on the DS mini-bosses. Yet, DS succeeds more often than not. I did the DE meta ... people were down all the time, we were at 1%. People will learn, enough to eventually succeed and as time passes, even more to ensure continued success.

I mean, are you honestly saying that people failing at mechanics is a reason to nerf a meta, even if the meta can be completed? You need to think about why that's wrong. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Obtena.7952 said:

It's not a requirement for people to avoid the damage for a meta to succeed. I still see people getting downed on the DS mini-bosses. 

So you are comparing difficulty after all. It is absolutely required to not get downed if possible at DE, because every precious second wasted on rallying half your squad because they are incapable of dodging/avoiding is a second lost to DPS on such a tight timer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

So you are comparing difficulty after all. It is absolutely required to not get downed if possible at DE, because every precious second wasted on rallying half your squad because they are incapable of dodging/avoiding is a second lost to DPS on such a tight timer.

I don't see what you're hang up is here. DE isn't any different than any other meta. People will fail, learn and get better. Then will come success. As more people get better, success will come more often. That's COMPLETELY reasonable and expected, as with any other meta that we have ever had in the game. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Haha 1

They need to pause the timer on her intermission phases where she goes invuln. This is ridiculous.

You can't control what quality of people you get in your maps, why are we justifying this difficulty in totally random content?

For 7+ years you've taught your players to run useless builds and suddenly expect them to be competent berzerker's/viper's users.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zenith.7301 said:

You can't control what quality of people you get in your maps, why are we justifying this difficulty in totally random content?

Because that true for EVERY meta we have ever had ... and eventually people can succeed at doing them. 

Look, you aren't going to argue DE is somehow exceptional here. SOMEHOW people are learning to do this content and succeed. It just needs time, like every other meta. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Haha 1