Specialization weapons locked behind fishing

On 3/8/2022 at 3:23 PM, elpuellodiablo.9361 said:

I really don'y understand who thought it was a good idea locking ascended specialization weapons behind fishing.

Brought to you by the same people who thought needing to run the entire EoD story 9 times and complete a broken meta for at least two of the specs was a good idea. A lot of fair criticism has been leveled at EoD's spec weapon collections, so even though the fishing aspect may be smaller compared to running the entire storyline, it's nevertheless worth acknowledging that fishing isn't for everybody and the RNG aspect is frustrating.

I really enjoy fishing (despite the many things about it that need to be fixed/improved), but I agree that it makes these collections feel worse on top of all the other things they require. It feels like a step backward.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 3/8/2022 at 4:28 PM, Labjax.2465 said:

I am getting secondhand embarrassment on their behalf, that they would design it so poorly, tying it to a specialization collection. Fishing is a niche interest that some people in video games like. I don't think it's ever been a mainstream interest at all. A lot of people consider it boring and making them do it won't make them like it. Stop abusing the collections system to get people to do content they don't want to do, Anet. Not cool.

This.  

• Like 5