Didn't get Luxon Tools for the Turtle Unlock: Suiting Up collection even though I've completed the Jade Maw event

After about 7 attempts, I finally completed the Jade Maw event in Dragon's End (as everyone knows - it scales horribly with more people), but didn't get the Luxon Tools for the Turtle Unlock: Suiting Up collection. At the same time, I did get progress for killing Jade Maw in the Dragon's End (Corporate) Culture: Xunlai Jade achievement which confirms I have killed it.

can see on reddit that I'm not the only person with this problem as the item doesn't drop for more people.
I did the event ~7 times before succeeding with a character that was parked in the event's spot and I've used it just for this event for some time now. 

Now killed the pest THREE times and not got the tools, first 2 times I died at the same time the maw did so put it down to that but this time escaped the blasdt radius. Countless attempts at this stupid thing already.

All I can think is that I have auto collect turned on and that's affecting it as guild mates say it should be in the chest but I don't see it.

Not sure if this helps. But has helped a few so far

When you have the Crystal make sure you have the Maw targeted & in front of you before throwing it from area. You need to hit the Maw this way at least once during the fight in order to get the Luxon Tools achievement for Turtle.

If you don't line the Crystal up this way it will just hit a mob and you will not get credit for hitting Maw.

Edited by Lord Zig.9812

4 hours ago, Lord Zig.9812 said:

Not sure if this helps. But has helped a few so far

When you have the Crystal make sure you have the Maw targeted & in front of you before throwing it from area. You need to hit the Maw this way at least once during the fight in order to get the Luxon Tools achievement for Turtle.

If you don't line the Crystal up this way it will just hit a mob and you will not get credit for hitting Maw.

Not my issue.

12 hours ago, Draco Zandros.7619 said:

Now killed the pest THREE times and not got the tools, first 2 times I died at the same time the maw did so put it down to that but this time escaped the blasdt radius. Countless attempts at this stupid thing already.

All I can think is that I have auto collect turned on and that's affecting it as guild mates say it should be in the chest but I don't see it.

Have finally got tools to drop, didn't do anything different.

Only difference was mindset, joined just to help others while building up my contributer and not even expecting to beat it, but some how we did and I got reward... Good luck to the dev who ends up working on this, bug is so inconsistent.

• Thanks 1

I'm wondering if that has an incidence if you keep the achievement buff while doing the event.

I killed the Jade maw 3 times but lost the achievement buff in the fight (got hit by the maw attack) or I died at least once; so it makes me question if that makes a difference for this Luxon Tool achievement.

I'll try to test this theory when I do the event again and throw only 1 charged crystal and then keep a charged one to throw at the end when he does the radius blast; but I wanted to know if someone has tried this before. Of course the scaling might screw thing up if the maw doesn't die, but at least it give a path to try.

I just want to add that this is happening to me. I have successfully completed the event twice now (among ten other failures), neither of the successsful completions rewarded the neccessary tools drop for the achievement to progress, in fact I'm pretty sure didn't even get an event reward.

In ten years playing this game, this event is the worst experience I have had BY FAR. It is a kittening disgrace that this made it into the game.

edit: third successful completion. Still nothing.

Edited by Esquilax.3491

14 hours ago, tenderwolf.6278 said:

Tomorrow is Tuesday, which is usually update day. There better be a fix to this included.

Well, no patch yet today. No mention of this bug, in their reports. Nearly a month into the expansion and anet can announce the plans for a new expansion but can't announce an acknowledgement of a bug blocking progress on a major advertising point of this current expansion. 

@Rubi Bayer.8493 we desperately want some word if any on this issue. It affects many players and putting forth work and effort to get no reward and no path forward is the worst type of bug to have. We're well into this expansion and yet cannot access parts of the expansion we paid for. Please don't keep ignoring us

31 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I'm asking about this and I'll update as I am able!

Honestly just the response on this is greatly appreciated, I find it hard to want to invest time into the game when you don't know if you'll get credit for the work done. 

Thank you! 

• ArenaNet Staff

I've got an update! We're looking into this, but at the moment it should work if you do things in this order: Unlock the collection, wait for daily reset, then complete the Jade Maw event. If you have definitely done it in this order and you still didn't get the Luxon Tools, please let me know!

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I've got an update! We're looking into this, but at the moment it should work if you do things in this order: Unlock the collection, wait for daily reset, then complete the Jade Maw event. If you have definitely done it in this order and you still didn't get the Luxon Tools, please let me know!

Thank you for the update!

I started working on the achievement today so if that's the case it should work tonight.  I'll test and report back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I, unfortunately have done it in this order, but am still having issues. Several weeks back one of the attempts I tried was indeed waiting for the daily reset, and completing it at xx:45 (45mins after reset) I submitted a in-game bug report at each attempt, as well as trying it on a different character but have not been able to receive the item. It's also the last item in my collection. Worth noting I do get completion progress on different achievements related to jade maw, just not Luxon Tools. 

I'm now less confident this will be fixed soon, and am sad to not get to use the siege turtle mount. 

Is there anything else at all I can try? 4 weeks in and I'm very desperate to get my mount, even skyscale didn't take this long

Edited by Milkbone.9478
Grammar

6 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Pretty sure you have to do it on the character that unlocked the collection.

Edit

I only did it on the two characters that finished last map meta and had no problems.

I could be wrong with this specific collection but, usually all achievements are account wide not character bound, for instance skyscale is account wide and completion can be done on any character on that account