Graphics card

I currently play with a Quadro 600 and the game only runs well in potato mode. I'm tired of seeing such ugliness in game when I see so many videos on YouTube really showcasing the beauty of GW2. I need some graphics card recommendations. I don't mind spending 100-200 bucks if that will make the game run more smoothly and be prettier. 

As far as I remember threads about "what gfx card" have most commonly be answered with "GW2 is much more CPU reliant than GPU reliant". I have myself played it on as low as a GTX460 (1gb), then GTX960 (2gb), GTX 1050Ti (4gb) and a GTX1660Super (6gb).

All cards except the GTX460 (which still works but is no longer fitted into a PC) are still in use in PCs that can play GW2. All look fine.

My point is not that the Quadro should be fine too, but that you do NOT need a GTX1650 to run the game perfectly fine. Most older cards from the GTX 10xx, 9xx, 7xx and even some 6xx should be ok to run GW2. Get one with preferably at least 2gb ram would be my suggestion but like I said, I played it for years on my 1gb GTX460 before I replaced it.

Never had an AMD card so can't say anything about those.

PS: All of these suggestions refer to used cards obviously. With a price target of "100-200" you won't find a suitable new gfx card in the stores currently.

Edited by Shikigami.4013

well, with my old rx 460 with 4gb I ran into some issues since switching to to d11/vk and I did have a noticable boost with my 6700xt. But yeah, if your card is in the 'still decent' range, cpu matters. Thing is, the quadro 600 wasn't even that great when GW2 released - and that was 10 years ago.

Still, I would wait a bit, and then have a look. At the moment even used cards are WAY overprized. 

Why is everyone recommending a GPU without even knowing the resolution the OP is using? 4K needs roughly 3 times more GPU power than 1080p. For 1080p/60 a 1650 is enough. But if you additionally enable the ingame supersampling (strongly recommended at that resolution or the game will flicker horribly!), then this GPU won't always grant that framerate in the newer maps (Heart of Thorns and later addons). Regarding the current GPU market for 100 to 200 dollars you don't need to think about a new dedicated GPU. Serious 1080p cards even for low demanding games like Guild Wars 2 start at around 250 dollars.

Edited by KrHome.1920

11 hours ago, Zenakou.7853 said:

I currently play with a Quadro 600 and the game only runs well in potato mode. I'm tired of seeing such ugliness in game when I see so many videos on YouTube really showcasing the beauty of GW2. I need some graphics card recommendations. I don't mind spending 100-200 bucks if that will make the game run more smoothly and be prettier. 

What is your current setup? Such as CPU, motherboard, PSU, case etc etc?

Quadro 600 is an workstation card not meant for gaming but GPU offloading by specific programs such as CAD/DCC/CUDA and basic desktop GUIs. As such, is this a workstation/prebuilt? If so chances are the PSU might not be able to power a higher end GPU, which would mean buying a new PSU as well. Being that the 600 is not meant for gaming, just a new CPU with an iGPU would be WAY better, matter of fact the 730 iGPU in Intel CPUs is over 70% faster than the 600 you have.