[Suggestion] - Elite Specs and Weapons

I have been playing a few of my classes and the one thing that has occurred to me is that it feels super limiting to have the weapons tied to the elite specs like they are, especially because some of them unlock a 'class fantasy' or just a feel that would be great to bring to the other elite specs. I think that it would be really cool that unlocking the elite specs also unlocks the weapon for that class, and then you get to use it on any spec that you like. Specifically things like Shortbow for Revenant and Longbow for Guardian would be nice as options for other specs, if only for the 'theme' of the class (i'd really like to be able to use Shortbow as a backup on Herald or Vindi, or Longbow on Firebrand etc).

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

Yeah, I also feel they have over-limited the design space for elite specs by locking them to a single existing weapon type that isn't already used by the base class and without being willing to expand available weapon types. They need to get a little more creative with the system and aim for more flexibility.

Edited by Einlanzer.1627
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Doing such a thing would result in Pistol/Torch Scourges/Harmbingers infecting sPvP even worse than Necromancers already do.

And then you have other professions (Engineer, Ranger, Revenant Thief and Warrior) where all three weapons (or three of four in Warrior's case) from the elite specializations are mutually exclusive.

Such an idea would benefit only Necromancers and noone else. Necromancers don't need to over-perform even more.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

If the latest Catalyst drama, and the ongoing constant Mesmer nerfs that broke the classes, both Elementalists and Mesmers in general (but also a few others, though i think eles and mesmers got it the worst) - is that Anet doesn't know how to balance this game. And their idea of balance is constantly nerf and limit something until the point of unusability - instead of buffing the world around the players, and changing mechanics to accomodate what players can do.

Needing to have every single elite spec balanced for every single other elite spec would probably mean the death of this game due to Anet's inability to even with this...

Let's just let them fix what they broke over the years first, then fantasize about adding layers upon layers of complexity to already complex systems for the balance team to do, ok? They already got their hands full.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Needing to have every single elite spec balanced for every single other elite spec would probably mean the death of this game due to Anet's inability to even with this...

I was talking about being able to use the weapons no matter what elite spec you had selected, not using elite specs with elite specs.

3 hours ago, Bunstonious.8173 said:

I was talking about being able to use the weapons no matter what elite spec you had selected, not using elite specs with elite specs.

Yeah that's what i meant, i wrote it wrong. I mean, every single elite spec weapon for every single elite spec. 

Meaning, i can Totally make a Dagger/shield mirage. Who's going to balance all those numbers, abilities and stuff? Who's gonna add ambushes to dagger? 

Cause i know Anet isn't...

Edited by Veprovina.4876