Jade Maw scaling is ridiculous

The Jade Maw event scales by the number of people present. You get to the point where you are having to kill champ level mobs to get the crystals and each crystal only reduces the health of the maw by 1%, even the trash mobs are champs.
The number of crystals being dropped does not increase with scale rendering the event impossible once you get more than 40 people there.

The scaling is not proportional to the number of people present, it is exponentially greater.  This needs sorting out.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

people are grieving the event. Done it a fair few times and were on track then some smart kitten comes with a tag, brings others, scales it up to stupid levels then just *disappears* 🧚‍♀️ 

Apologies if you think you are helping, but it really doesn't.

Needless to say the scaling in EOD is crap, period.

Edited by Dami.5046
  • Like 3

Yeah, I definitely has the same thing happen. Failed 3 times (a lot less than others, I know) before I heard the suggestion to try it stealth with low numbers. That did work, but almost failed at the end as people suddenly discovered it was running and flooded us at the last ~15%. 

IDK what would be a good number to cap the scaling, or if scaling should (could?) be set at a diminishing number the higher the number of participants. But SOMETHING would be better than what we have right now. The only really good thing is that with this being doable at low numbers, looking forward a year or more when fewer people are working on unlocking turtle they won't need the high numbers to get this piece. 

• Like 3