DE Meta Feedback (21 wins)

Dear Anet;

Thank you for the tuning of the DE meta. Since you implemented better CC bars for the whirlpools, we've been able to keep enough people up at the end and save some time. We're still lacking proper CC management on the west platforms- both the mind phase lady and charging charr gentleman make it almost impossible for our CC to go off because they blink/charge away. Is there a way to tone down their bar and/or movement?

We're also having a problem with goggles only appearing maybe 1 out of 3 wins, is there something we're missing with getting them to show?

Remember the blue wisps are also physically impossible for certain colour blind spectrums to see them; please consider adjusting them to a white colour so that anyone can participate!

I truly love this meta and have since you released it. I love how it's a culmination of all the battles we've fought before; the design work, the programming is just amazing and the little tweaks here and there have really allowed us to bring in more and more players who were scared to try it. I had a player today who only has one arm join us, stay alive for the entire fight and get their egg. The tears were real. Because we achieved something as a group and it was fun. Thank you again for this meta!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

Not at all. It's the culmination of a very dedicated group of people helping players get their achievements and/or egg. I post 21 wins to Anet so they know I'm not someone just complaining but as a sign "Hey, I know this meta, I love this meta." If you want to join us, I have a post inviting anyone and everyone to join us. We are an inclusive group of people who simply enjoy the content 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 6

7 hours ago, Zera Allimatti.2541 said:

Is this a humble brag? This seems like a humble brag. Good for you, I guess, but wow dude.

Except for the title, everything op said is constructive feedback about the meta. Wow, DE meta really has brought out the toxicity in this community.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

Today i finally managed to get into the final fight and oh boy if i want to actually contribute in that fight i would first need a new computer because all those effects and crap is making my computer literally bleed.

Secondly there is so much crap going on that i have zero idea what is going on what i can't actually see what is a friendly aoe field and what is some crap that boss throws at you there is just way too much visual noise.

Thirdly no wonder why so many people has problem with this there is almost zero things in open world or story quests that prepares you to this fight. Open world/story quests are like playing a complete different game.

Well i now have tried the meta multiple times and the best i got was into hectic visual noise part and i think i might do it in the future with better computer but for now i really have no interest to try it ever again especially when failing 2+ hour event gives you F all.

*edit: Scratch that i got something from the event i looted 1 large bone during the fight sold it for 99 copper.

Edited by Scolix.4879
  • Like 7

43 minutes ago, Scolix.4879 said:

almost zero things in open world or story quests that prepares you to this fight

Because there is honestly no need to? You just have to move out from a few very large red menacing AoE, you have to press 1 button to jump high in the sky and you have to follow a big red arrow on the map pointing you towards a direction. I mean you dont need preparation for this but I agree on the part where you mention the fight is messy. I think there are way too many ads xd
Also in one of my latest attempt I somehow got freed from a whirlpool which is nice because before the fix you just had to accept you will die and not press 1 which is not good design.

DE Meta is in a very good spot now imho, in my latest 8 attempts I won 6 times and the 2 losses I got was simply because the Commander didnt put much effort into the whole organization, mainly not all subs had good boons and no teams assigned to any markers for preparing smooth split phases. Its still hard but doable with some organization, thanks Anet

Edited by RedTheCrazy.1028
  • Like 1
  • Confused 7

this meta is still disgustingly unfair. I managed to win it just once (at it would be enough for me, too bad I need to do it another time with revenant because they locked a kitten spec weapon's commection item behind it, thanks anet), and I guess we were lucky,.

I mean, all people had 10 stacks of buss, and apparently knew what todo, however I just finished wasting 2 hours of my life in a failed attempt because we didnt get the chance to break a single kittening break bar. not a single one. and it was not because of people not CCing. it was because the breakbars appeared at the same kittening time as the tails. for 3 or 4 times.

FIX THE kittenING RNG. WE DON'T NEED IT.

Edited by elpuellodiablo.9361
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I've done the meta 6 times. Of those 6 times, I succeeded at 3 of them (the last 3 times I've attempted it). If you are able to find an organized group, it is pretty easy to win. It's just that the 'if' in that sentence is doing a lot of heavy lifting. You have to know how to find an organized group, which with the game's antiquated LFG system can be difficult. That right there is the issue imo.

Aside from TT, every other open world meta is able to be quite easily pugged, and for TT, it does not take nearly as long to complete as DE, and the rewards are much better. DE requires a ton of coordination, and the rewards are honestly embarrassing. I do not know how EoD spent this long in development and not one person thought 'maybe this 2 hour meta should have progression rewards like every other long (and even some not-so-long) meta in the game'. No, instead they thought  'let's make this 2 hour long, difficult and RNG-reliant meta give zero rewards if you fail'. Baffling and completely out of touch from their player base.

I don't think the meta is the worst thing to ever exist. I love the concept, and personally find it pretty fun; the execution is just terrible. I do have faith that they will eventually tweak it to a point where people might enjoy it, or at the very least consider it a worthwhile meta to complete. For now, it is too difficult, too noisy, too long, and gives absolutely garbage rewards. 

I like difficult content, but if you're going to have difficult content like this, you at least better make sure it's worth it. Right now it is not.

Your suggestions are good ones though!

ETA: To anyone reading this who is frustrated with being unable to win, I do recommend being choosier with the squads you join. If the commander isn't breaking up the squad into sub-groups, just dip. Also, instead of looking for groups right as the meta is starting, look for one just after the meta ended and the maps reset. Not only will you have a better chance of squeezing into the map, you're more likely to find an organized group that way.

Edited by kettering.6823
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RedTheCrazy.1028 said:

I think there are way too many ads xd

Not only ads but the whole thing is like a visual noise version of puke. If i could i would turn off 95% of all the effects going on at the fight and it would probably still look like a complete mess.

Luckily this game is not like every other mmo and i can still do other stuff that i find fun and just ignore this event because to me its just an absolute definition of unfun to me. Maybe if the event took like half the time to do but in its current form i rather farm and sell potatoes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

i wish i could get a group that could get past it keep getting people either missing certain cc bars or cannot focus soo-wan/ cc things during split. my biggest complaint is all the ads everywhere on field are such an FPS issue and make keeping target hard. i mean they want fix it add like 5 mins to freaking timer lower the elite/vet enemies or have the dragon kill them during phases or with tsunamis, or even when she gets to 20% just have her not do certain things like switch/tail/whirlpools those cut dps time and i get some groups they not dealing or paying attention to those or my favorite dodging out of the hand slam wave. or better yet slow down the RNG like have switch/tail at 5%s during certain parts or something, idk why they want things to be CM raids built for a meta just leave that for strikes.

Edited by ZerotheFang.5890
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow. I'm kinda surprised. I made a thread for feedback. There are 593 other threads that are filled with "I don't like it" and that's valid. But it doesn't make logic to post here.

If you really are interested in a DE meta, I have a post about it. I've taken all walks of life into DE meta and people keep coming back because we make it fun. We've formed new friendships from all over. We're inclusive, kind and zero toxicity policy. I would encourage anyone who wants to see it done to join our group.

I still find it fun and I hope to bring that joy to others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Vexona.6452 said:

I still find it fun and I hope to bring that joy to others.

The event is fun but fun only carries so long.

For the amount of rewards that you get (zero) from losing a 2+ hour event does not really keep it going for long.

Its a really strange why did they not add the participation meter to event so that even if its a loss you would still get something from losing it.