I want to play EoD content. Make it worth doing

I REALLY like the new event chains and all the metas and events in EoD. I like the look of the maps. I like that EoD enemies don't die in 1 hit from autoattacks like the rest of the game. However, everything in EoD is either bugged, has bad scaling, is badly designed and unrewarding. 

The gold/hour of EoD metas is like 1.5g/hour, and Dragon's End takes far too long for the "chance" at money. Meanwhile I can go do ANY other decent meta(or any content in the game?) and get 10x+ gold/mats/hour. There isn't even unique skins or rewards to work for - you INTENTIONALLY made the new armor skins as ungrindy as possible for some odd reason?

Please make your new expansion worth playing. I want to play it, but it sucks to play and isn't rewarding.

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

i stopped playing all together. when most masteries are story locked and the story is cheesy af, it feels forced. when fishing is a major mastery grind and other games like rift has a simple, fun addicting skill level grind, eod fishing is not worth doing. when skiffing or boating becomes a long new mastery, instead of adding to the skimmer mastery, it is not worth doing. i like to thank anet for driving me away to other games back to gw1, swtor, even rift sounds good to play if you want fish for the fun of it.

Edited by MysticReaper.4318
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

I don't like the events timing, its not easy to chain the metas. But other than that, and the poor rewards (daily chests got added like a few days ago and still the rewards are not that good)... yeah I do like the new metas. Would be good if it made sense to do them.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 3

Timing is actually a big one. Kaineng and Echovald are virtually impossible to chain. And Echovald only transitions into DE when you assume no need to stack up the buff and find a map with any chance of success immediately. 

The masteries are not a problem. I understand unlocking and story isn't for everyone. I just rushed through myself. But actually gaining the mastery points and leveling it up is fairly easy and quick. Similar to the HoT or PoF masteries it's a short term goal that you forget about a week after having finished it. Like, seriously. Crashing when running out of stamina while gliding is a feint memory. It's a major deal breaker for gliding making it significantly less useful. But you also suffer from it for a very limited amount of time. Which is fine overall. 

2 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

I don't like the events timing, its not easy to chain the metas. But other than that, and the poor rewards (daily chests got added like a few days ago and still the rewards are not that good)... yeah I do like the new metas. Would be good if it made sense to do them.

its "chainable" doing Ecovald First. Ecovald->Seitung->Kaineng.. the only problem is Aspenwood, there a big gap 40min + after that route.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

its "chainable" doing Ecovald First. Ecovald->Seitung->Kaineng.. the only problem is Aspenwood, there a big gap 40min + after that route.

Which is still an extremely suboptimal rotation.

You can do Chak -> Tarir -> Seitung -> Kaineng instead of Echovald -> Seitung -> Kaineng. Which is just a no brainer.