Pre Spring Patch Balance Requests for Thief

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

5 hours ago, Tails.9372 said:

The trait was called "Ricochet".

As I said in the other thread:

Do this and it should at least solve the gameplay related issues the P/P weapon set in specific is suffering from althouth there is ofc. more to be done for thief as a whole.

like instead of the condi Vital Shot on p/p make it more or less like a "Hair Trigger" attack that shoots 3 bullets instead of said Vital shot or? could you do a mock up?

wouldnt hurt to allow a flip over skill for auto attack like they do utility to appease both types of playstyle Condi/power. like the AA would have an out of combat choice to CHOOSE which autoattack youd want based on the weapon set. P/P could get the option to have AA flipped to a power based autoattack sort of like i mentioned above OR could be the normal vital shot. right now p/p power builds would just have Vital shot as a filler and its kinda sucky.

Something like this

26 minutes ago, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

like instead of the condi Vital Shot on p/p make it more or less like a "Hair Trigger" attack that shoots 3 bullets instead of said Vital shot or? could you do a mock up?

More like this (ofc. without the ini cost / ini regain) and "3" being reserved for a new skill that matches the description in the quote.

30 minutes ago, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

right now p/p power builds would just have Vital shot as a filler and its kinda sucky

It's kinda sucky because there is ultimately not even a point in having it on the weapon set as it essentially does the same thing as Unload (single target ranged damage) which already sufficiently fills that niche (in a both more efficient and thematically fitting way).

Just chiming in here to say that I've only been thieving for about a year, so I never got to play with Ricochet, but it sounds exactly like what I've been missing this whole time. I love thief, especially P/P, it's so cool and fun, but I really wish it had some better AoE/cleave options. Daredevil woooorks but the constant bouncing around isn't really my thing. So yes, please, bring back Ricochet! And possibly enable it for Rifle as well, if that isn't overpowered or something. Having a weapon being purely single target is booooring.

• Thanks 1

We do need more group support outside traits or make it where we trait we can tether multiple allies at a reduced shroud capacity.

main concern, and ive addressed this in another thread on the forums, we need to have priority to see ENEMY mechanics ON TOP of our ally wells/effects. it becomes too Opaque to see mechanics with the clutter in 10man content.

14 hours ago, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

We do need more group support outside traits or make it where we trait we can tether multiple allies at a reduced shroud capacity.

I think the opposite. I believe we need more single target support (more boon) to be a true single target full support (heal+boon).

More group support will just turn spectre into a bad scourge. They won't make the group support good enough because we can both single/group support :s 

Edited by Jumpel.3972
  • Confused 3

On 3/25/2022 at 7:49 PM, frareanselm.1925 said:

After almost 10 years, thief have never had the condition burn in any attack. This is sad and shameful. Cant we have a little burn in a pistol or shortbow skill?....

Arson is definitively a core part of a saboteur's identity so I totally agree

What i dont understand is how they release specter with the idea that they can support people, nerf it to oblivion and or leave it untouched with all the feedback from people that have played the betas and thief class before specter reveal stating it doesnt fit any criteria and still refuse to budge on its design. Specter supports 1 ally and barely fills a role even as alacrity condi and still others do it better. Its not worth the 60 bucks i paid for because in the end as a specter, you arent wanted in any group because others do its role then some far better. Its pure negligence. Why design a spec that cant play well with others, all other specs have something they can bring to the table.  One trick pony while others are like Clydesdales. Jack of all trades, master of none.

This spec idea is great but not giving it the attention it needs, which is full group support

Edited by Lithril Ashwalker.6230

What I would recommend:

In general for Specter (PVE)

Skills:

General: All Scepter skills should cleave (3 Targets). On impact, theres a little "explosion" (Radius 120), where targets get hit.

If foes are targeted with attacks, no ally can be hit, except, theres less than 3 foes within the aoe. Same is for targeting allies.

If allies are hit by the cleave effect (not targeted), they get reduced effects (-50% on Heal/Barrier/Boons), Rod Wallow Venom is not applied to those allys.

Shadow Shroud:

Haut Shot: Reduce cast time to 0.25s. Reduce Tethered ally healing by 40%

Eternal Night: Reduce cast time to 0.75s.

Mind Shock: Add 2 Stack torment (4s) to each foe hit. Increased duration (1s) for each foe hit.

Scepter AA: Reduce Cast times by 0.25s for AA1 and 0.5s for AA3

Endless Night: Reduce cast time to 1.5s

Well of Gloom: Reduce cast time to 0.75s

Well of Sorrow: Reduce cast time to 0.5s. 1 Stack of all three conditions (bleed, torment, poison) are applied every pulse.

Well of Bounty: Add an initial 0.25s stability for Thief, add stunbreak for up to 5 targets (Maybe increase CD to compensate)

Traits:

Specter: Increase Shadow force gain per Ini from 1% to2%

Dark Sentry: Rod Wallow Venom is also applied to the Thief, when he gets barrier

Lacenous Torment: Increase Dmg dealt by torment to 15%

Traversing Dusk: Downed allies are also healed (5%)

Shadow arts

Shadow Siphoning: Stealth attacks siphon health (as is). Siphoning grants the healed amount as battier (ICD 1s).

Just some thoughts, that would be great imo...maybe a bit op? But its just some random ideas XD

Edited by Kydar Schattendolch.6879
  • Confused 1

On 3/22/2022 at 11:29 PM, Doggie.3184 said:

One thing that always bothered me with Sword is I feel like all Stealth Attacks should do increased damage and not just Dagger's. I'm not a fan of the CC only ones~ that heads into them making PvP only weapon sets which shouldn't be a thing and in PvP they don't feel worth the heavy punishment anyways if you miss/get blinded. Also, just like scepter/pistol black powder has no synergy.

I'd like to see buffs to stealth attacks in general. Considering Backstab (1) requires stealth to set up, (2) has a positional requirement, and (3) is exceptionally punishing if you miss, it should be buffed. It either needs to do more damage or be more user friendly.