REQUEST: New EoD Home Instance nodes

Collecting new goodies for my Home Instance is one of my major joys in GW2, and there are some shiny new candidates from Cantha that I think would make excellent additions! My ideas are as follows:

1. Home Jadeite Vein - 3 strikes mining node, returns 3 Chunks of Pure Jade daily, along with random ore-related junk like Pebbles, Gravel etc. Can occasionally return T6 Gemstones such as Ruby Orbs as well. Purchased from a vendor in Dragon's End for 50g + 250 Writs of Dragon's End.
  2. Home Petrified Echovald Sapling - 3 strikes logging node, returns 3 Chunks of Petrified Echovald Resin daily, along with either Elder Wood Logs or Ancient Wood Logs (rarer). Purchased from a vendor in Echovald for 50g + 250 Writs of Echovald.
  3. Home Instance Shrine Guardian Chest - This would be identical to the Shrine Guardian kits hidden chests scattered throughout Cantha. Opening them gives an assortment of loot comprised of unidentified gear, luck, salvage items, Unusual Coins, with a rarer chance for a Jade Runestone. It MUST play that adorable fox kit animation upon opening. :P This node is not purchasable and is instead awarded for completing all of the matching collections throughout End of Dragons.

I did also consider a Home Instance Jade Bot Workbench, but it wouldn't be as convenient to get to as a Workbench in one's guild hall and would likely not serve much purpose aside from just being decoration. Likewise, I so wanted to come up with something for Fishing, but most of the HI's don't have any water in them and one can already select "Fish" as a daily reward from the Black Lion board for EoD.

Anyone else have ideas for new things they'd like to see in their Home Instance?

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Request 1 & 2 are pretty much already covered by End of Dragons Expedition Contract which functions similar to the LW S3 and S4 contracts.

I haven't tested all zones yet, but for Dragon's End I get some Chunks of Pure Jade (~12) and corresponding writs (2-3).

Edited by TheWaternymphHC.1847
updated with more accurate estimation
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, TheWaternymphHC.1847 said:

Request 1 & 2 are pretty much already covered by End of Dragons Expedition Contract which functions similar to the LW S3 and S4 contracts.

I haven't tested all zones yet, but for Dragon's End I get some Chunks of Pure Jade (~12) and corresponding writs (2-3).

I know, but it's not the same as seeing a different node in your HI and actually being able to physically gather from it.

The rewards from the EoD Expedition Contract probably also need a balance pass. Seitung's is pretty good; you get something unique from it (the Tale of Adventure) although the amount of the rewards should be beefed up a bit. Dragon's End gives WAY more rewards than any other selection, so nobody in their right mind would choose anything other than Dragon's End gathering from the contract. Either the amount of Pure Jade should be reduced (or perhaps replaced with 1 piece of Dragon Jade), while Kaineng should offer a Jade Runestone (seems more fitting, as Kaineng is where the raw jade goes to be processed and turned into workable materials and art objects). The Fishing option meanwhile should also have a chance to drop Flawless Fish Filets as well, along with a pretty rare chance for Ambergris.

6 hours ago, Zaxares.5419 said:

Dragon's End gives WAY more rewards than any other selection

I think that one got stealth buffed a few days ago, after they reduced the spawn rate cap of Jadeite Veins (again). The first couple of days I got only ~5 Chunks and if I remember correctly a chance for some currency.

6 hours ago, Zaxares.5419 said:

I know, but it's not the same as seeing a different node in your HI and actually being able to physically gather from it.

I doubt that we will see these anytime soon or even ever again for things that don't account-bind. Keep in mind that a node that can be gathered would screw with the economy of that resource since anyone with alt-accounts could gather from it multiple times per day. I know that I would do. :classic_cool:

• Like 1