Gem Store - Additional Crafting Licenses

Is this limit per character, or per account? I have nine alts; four have 4 crafts the others have 3. This would seem to indicate that the license limit is character-based. The wiki says "Increase the number of active crafting disciplines all characters on your account can have at one time. " I am confused.

• Like 1

Sometimes gemstore items don’t show up if you already own them. Do you have an alt account? If you do you can check if it’s visible on that account or ask a guild mate/friend in game if they can see them. If they can maybe they can gift them to you and you send them the equivalent amount of gold to repay them or money thru something like PayPal. 

Edited by Just a flesh wound.3589

1 hour ago, Vailaan.7216 said:

Is this limit per character, or per account? I have nine alts; four have 4 crafts the others have 3. This would seem to indicate that the license limit is character-based. The wiki says "Increase the number of active crafting disciplines all characters on your account can have at one time. " I am confused.

Have you tried adding a 4th craft to one f the characters with 3?

6 hours ago, Vailaan.7216 said:

By default every character can have two crafting professions active. When you buy one crafting license, this number is increased to three. If you buy both licenses, the number increases to four. You can only buy two licenses total. The upgrade is account-wide. If you previously bought two licenses that means every character on your account, current and future ones, will forever be able to have four crafting professions active at a time.

• Like 2

To Ewenness.6482 - that was my understanding and what prompted this topic. I wanted to get a fourth craft on one of my '3 craft' characters, but cannot see the licenses in the gem store., and get told by the craft NPC which of my 3 crafts I want to 'drop'.

Anyway . . . . . enough irrelevant time wasted on a game aspect.

Cheers to all who have offered their advice.

Edited by Vailaan.7216
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vailaan.7216 said:

I wanted to get a fourth craft on one of my '3 craft' characters, but cannot see the licenses in the gem store., and get told by the craft NPC which of my 3 crafts I want to 'drop'.

That sounds like a bug. Try putting in a support ticket.

The only thing I can think of that perhaps you bought a second license in the past but didn't use it immediately and it's collecting dust in the bank or on a character. Could even imagine a character was deleted with that item in their inventory without you noticing it since I don't believe there's any kind of warning beyond the regular message (deletion is final, items will be lost, etc.) when you try to delete a character with gem store items in its inventory or equipment tab. Definitely open a ticket because it wouldn't be fair to lose out on this account wide convenience if you paid for it.

Edited by sewenewes.4176