Thanks

Crab Fear.1624

I bought expac cause cantha was always my kitten.

But I noticed in the blog post pvp was only mentioned in terms of a balance pass, with nothing about mode changes, additions, or seasons, or rewards.

Full auto pilot, no longer a concern?

At least it was open and clear that there is zero intention of developing pvp. 

Anyways I haven't found spectre to be fun enough to stick it out, and playing my old builds sent me on loss streaks into oblivion.

So, for now, I'm playing a core guardian hybrid like thing with more success.

Still, not with the addict level of play before.

So, thanks?

Oh, and vindicatir is pretty funny lol.

Edited by Crab Fear.1624
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

You have to understand one thing: In the beginning the game was designed entirely for PvP. The lackluster UI we have, the layout of the classes, everything was created with PvP solely in mind.

Essentially, WvW and especially PvE were an afterthought at that point.  This is because the devs expected Guild Wars 2 to be just like other competitive games where players would play through Personal Story in PvE, reach max level, then play the competitive modes as the end-game.

Needless to say, this didn't work out, and they had to spend half a decade correcting things. Of course, they went too far in the other direction, but that's likely because they're afraid of repeating the same mistakes again. We enjoy PvP, but the vast majority of players who play MMOs don't bother with any form of competition.

I want serious updates to the competitive modes, as I come from a long history of RvR games and I'm used to fighting other players being the end-game, but realistically we're basically just asking them to throw money down the drain at this point so that less than 10% of the playerbase can be happy.

If we want them to update PvP we have to show them its still worth it, and these forums don't do that.

1 hour ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

They talked on PvP a little bit

"...while providing a better experience for those who enjoy game modes such as World vs. World, Player vs. Player, and endgame group content."

I think the earliest PvP will see content is with the summer balance patch. That's assuming you consider balance patches to be content for PvP, instead of as the consistent source of abject terror and rising cortisol levels that they really are.

Edited by Multicolorhipster.9751
loquaciousness

1 hour ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

"The Guild Wars 2 community has grown quite a bit over the last few years, but it could be even bigger. Now that Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons is released, one of our top priorities as a studio is getting Guild Wars 2 ready for release on Steam and introducing the world of Tyria to an entirely new audience of gamers. You only get to launch on Steam once, and we want to make sure we do it right. Over the coming months we’ll be wrapping up work"

Yeah, might be time to figure out that win trading problem or steam reviews aint gonna look good.

Edited by Asuran.5469
  • Like 2