Fun patch, good job! :)

Just want to say that I'm happy that the balance team seems to be rewarding fun and engaging playstyles in the recent patch. For instance, the buffs to Guardian hammer and Mesmer greatsword. For so long I've been used to only getting buffs to boring & safe playstyles like bunker staff Mirage. So, great job, keep it up! 🙂

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

Just want to say that I'm happy that the balance team seems to be rewarding fun and engaging playstyles in the recent patch. For instance, the buffs to Guardian hammer and Mesmer greatsword. For so long I've been used to only getting buffs to boring & safe playstyles like bunker staff Mirage. So, great job, keep it up! 🙂

The funny part, when reading, “core dps guardian have been out of competitive PvP for quite a while.” No kitten. It has been kittening years. Did they just figure this out?! The changes would do little to improve things for WB. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, otto.5684 said:

The funny part, when reading, “core dps guardian have been out of competitive PvP for quite a while.” No kitten. It has been kittening years. Did they just figure this out?! The changes would do little to improve things for WB. 

Well that depends if wb can play hammer.

Yeah on the top level it has been since 2015.

Edited by agrippastrilemma.8741

1 hour ago, otto.5684 said:

WB got some decent CD reduction on virtues, no? I doubt it's enough but maybe it won't be absolute dog in long fights. Maybe with the RI change Valk amulet guard will come back, but given how strong everything is nowadays I still don't think it stands a chance.

1 hour ago, Arklite.4013 said:

WB got some decent CD reduction on virtues, no? I doubt it's enough but maybe it won't be absolute dog in long fights. Maybe with the RI change Valk amulet guard will come back, but given how strong everything is nowadays I still don't think it stands a chance.

Core guardian is surely better. WB issues are way beyond numbers adjustment. It is a mobile spec that has bad mobility and does not offer much else. Unless it offers mobility equivelent to power rev, you are reliant on guardian core tools. Trying to use WB will require scraficing virtues, radiance or valor. WB with virtues line is highly dysfunctional. Without radiance line damage is none existent. Without valor you might as well play PvE. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arklite.4013 said:

I mean, the buffs are welcome, but why would you run a wb over a shiro herald? It has unblockables, boon strip, can team fight well and probably even in damage for +1 it's still better.

With the buff to RI you are kinda forced to play Radiance for valk amulet, you are kinda forced to get virtues as well, and a guard without meditation it can't work, i didnt test the wb heal skill, but doesnt seem that great, so you will have poor defense and sustain, just mobility and damage. We will see.