Dragon's End is most definitely garbage, change my mind.

By now I have had the displeasure of watching over a hundred unpaid shills try desperately to defend this meta and still have yet to hear a single justification for its:

1. Forcing meta attempters to share a map with gatherers, story clearers, and achievement hunters

2. Forcing elite players to rely on casual players to beat what is to them a stupid easy fight

3. Requiring 90 minutes of comparatively unrewarding gameplay

4. Having breakbars that cannot reasonably be broken without the use of masteries

5. Having RNG

6. Introducing mechanics and fail conditions the likes of which did not exist in any prior open world or story content, EOD or otherwise

7. Locking swathes of players out of acquiring a prominently advertised mount

7 was addressed a while back, but why was it ever an issue in the first place? And the way 3 was addressed with the most recent patch does not cut down the total time you have to spend in the map, only the time you have to run around completing unrewarding events rather than AFKing to do something more worthwhile as you wait for the meta proper to begin. I invite scholars of all disciplines to provide good reasons for these abominable design choices. I'll even help you and lay out exactly what it is you are going to defend:

1. A map in the open world where certain types of players (not doing the meta) will unintentionally disadvantage other types of players (doing the meta) unless they stop what they are doing and get 10 stacks of contributor or switch to a dead map and lose all of their fishing party enhancement stacks in the process

2. A player with top notch game knowledge having to choose between selflessly trying to carry a bunch of randoms or joining a discord raid group in order to beat what is essentially mursaat overseer without individual responsibility or permadeath

3. A meta preparation eventathon that produces what is currently the most useless currency in the game and little else

4. A barrier to entry in the form of needing to have completed a different meta from a different expansion for its masteries and currency

5. RNG

6. Handing off the chore of teaching players how to play their game to other players

7. Having locked swathes of players out of acquiring a prominently advertised mount for over two weeks

I'll be waiting.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

34 minutes ago, EveningTempo.4796 said:

By now I have had the displeasure of watching over a hundred unpaid shills try desperately to defend this meta and still have yet to hear a single justification for its:

1. Forcing meta attempters to share a map with gatherers, story clearers, and achievement hunters

2. Forcing elite players to rely on casual players to beat what is to them a stupid easy fight

3. Requiring 90 minutes of comparatively unrewarding gameplay

4. Having breakbars that cannot reasonably be broken without the use of masteries

5. Having RNG

6. Introducing mechanics and fail conditions the likes of which did not exist in any prior open world or story content, EOD or otherwise

7. Locking swathes of players out of acquiring a prominently advertised mount

7 was addressed a while back, but why was it ever an issue in the first place? And the way 3 was addressed with the most recent patch does not cut down the total time you have to spend in the map, only the time you have to run around completing unrewarding events rather than AFKing to do something more worthwhile as you wait for the meta proper to begin. I invite scholars of all disciplines to provide good reasons for these abominable design choices. I'll even help you and lay out exactly what it is you are going to defend:

1. A map in the open world where certain types of players (not doing the meta) will unintentionally disadvantage other types of players (doing the meta) unless they stop what they are doing and get 10 stacks of contributor or switch to a dead map and lose all of their fishing party enhancement stacks in the process

2. A player with top notch game knowledge having to choose between selflessly trying to carry a bunch of randoms or joining a discord raid group in order to beat what is essentially mursaat overseer without individual responsibility or permadeath

3. A meta preparation eventathon that produces what is currently the most useless currency in the game and little else

4. A barrier to entry in the form of needing to have completed a different meta from a different expansion for its masteries and currency

5. RNG

6. Handing off the chore of teaching players how to play their game to other players

7. Having locked swathes of players out of acquiring a prominently advertised mount for over two weeks

I'll be waiting.

Just don't do it. 

I have limited spare time to game rn, did this meta a total of ONE time, from start to finish including all pre-events. We had really helpful, friendly Com, organised balanced groups, all jade buffs, asc food, full instance, everyone hitting good DPS on arcdps but still failed spectacularly. It was too long winded, pre-events totally boring, unimaginative. 

ONE meta experience was all I needed to decide I wasn't going back, so went back to my favourite game modes instead: WvW, Fractals, occasional raid. No intention to ever go back to DE either, just doesn't appeal to me neither do I enjoy it. I can't understand the logic of other players that dislike it either but keep going back there over and over and then complain: Play what you enjoy! 

Edited by Gregg.3970
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I have no desire to change your mind because you and your opinions mean nothing to me.  What is with "change my mind" threads? Why waste time when it's clear you have no desire to have your mind changed. Also, why make yet another thread about this? At this point, we've accomplished meme status.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1