Give back projectile finisher to Mirror Blade and make Blurred Frenzy count as a "blade" skill on Virtuoso!

agrippastrilemma.8741

7 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

The blade trait on weapons only really effects condi so any more added could unintentionally buff the 42k golem dps. This could result in a nerf somewhere. 

Clearly you didn't understand enough to what my comment was to make a reply. This comment is made for both PvE and competitive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Clearly you didn't understand enough to what my comment was to make a reply. This comment is made for both PvE and competitive. 

Yes but we already saw them nerf a class over golem numbers so asking for a buff will result in the eventual nerf. They only balance competitive around player data, I mean we shall see. The sword auto-attack is very strong so maybe not adding the bladed trait to that might mitigate a damage increase for condi. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Yes but we already saw them nerf a class over golem numbers so asking for a buff will result in the eventual nerf. They only balance competitive around player data, I mean we shall see. The sword auto-attack is very strong so maybe not adding the bladed trait to that might mitigate a damage increase for condi. 

Condition Virtuoso doesn't use sword though.

Just now, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

Condition Virtuoso doesn't use sword though.

It does to? 

Just not main hand sword since it does not proc Bleed due to the lack of bladed trait. With off-hand sword you even run the Dueling trait to give you ferocity so it would be a condi buff if the sword was bladed. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

It does to? 

Just not main hand sword since it does not proc Bleed due to the lack of bladed trait. With off-hand sword you even run the Dueling trait to give you ferocity so it would be a condi buff if the sword was bladed. 

"The sword auto-attack is very strong so maybe not adding the bladed trait to that might mitigate a damage increase for condi. "

2 hours ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

"The sword auto-attack is very strong so maybe not adding the bladed trait to that might mitigate a damage increase for condi. "

If the bladed trait got added to the sword auto attack It would make main hand sword a possibility for condi Virtuoso. How is this hard to understand? 

Right now the dagger is better only because its auto attack has the bladed trait...... This is why power Virtuoso uses swords and not two dagger (well depends on build) 

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

An issue in competitive for a spec that is extremely far from being meta?

"Might become an issue", I said.

In high-end group PvE, a few more vulnerability stacks probably don't matter because odds are the boss already has 25 stacks anyway, so it's just a small buff when soloing.

In competitive, there's at least the potential that being able to suddenly dump half a dozen stacks of vulnerability, and generating about twice as much vulnerability as normal through autoattacking, would matter enough to be a balance consideration.

Of course, due to the competitive/PvE split, that's still a solveable problem if it ever does become a problem: reduce the chance that a crit converts into a vulnerability stack. But it's the difference between "this really probably doesn't matter" and "this might matter."

2 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

"Might become an issue", I said.

In high-end group PvE, a few more vulnerability stacks probably don't matter because odds are the boss already has 25 stacks anyway, so it's just a small buff when soloing.

In competitive, there's at least the potential that being able to suddenly dump half a dozen stacks of vulnerability, and generating about twice as much vulnerability as normal through autoattacking, would matter enough to be a balance consideration.

Of course, due to the competitive/PvE split, that's still a solveable problem if it ever does become a problem: reduce the chance that a crit converts into a vulnerability stack. But it's the difference between "this really probably doesn't matter" and "this might matter."

Fair enough, I can tell you now that it wouldn't (well it would obviously matter but it would not make Virtuoso meta let alone overpowered).

Edited by agrippastrilemma.8741

6 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

If the bladed trait got added to the sword auto attack It would make main hand sword a possibility for condi Virtuoso. How is this hard to understand? 

Right now the dagger is better only because its auto attack has the bladed trait...... This is why power Virtuoso uses swords and not two dagger (well depends on build) 

Dagger auto would still proc more bleeds due to the flurry, but taking Blurred Frenzy into consideration, sword may be more value than double Dagger, which would be a good thing because who wants to play with two of the same weapon.

Edited by agrippastrilemma.8741
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

Dagger auto would still proc more bleeds due to the flurry, but taking Blurred Frenzy into consideration, sword may be more value than double Dagger, which would be a good thing because who wants to play with two of the same weapon.

Hmm True, well again we will have to wait and see what they do. I think they will probably nerf the Condi a little bit anyway so maybe when they do they will add bladed to swords.

• Confused 1