One reason not everyone finds the Overlook Strike to be "insanely easy"

blp.3489

Did it one time on an early morning - 10 of us entered and only 2 of us made it till the end. We had two good healers that kept everyone alive for like 20min or something it felt like but then things started to go sidewards, then in the end it was just me and the 2 healers.. then one of those healers died and i had to dps the guy down in my celestial gear it took forever but hey we made it and everyone was happy it was over.

Anyway, the fight is long and its not that hard to die if you dont know what youre doing tbh, i think most of us plebs were in there for turtle and that's why we didnt have the easiest time - we not tryharding raiders.

Anyway, once everyone was dead i didnt have too much to worry about, i just danced around the boss depending on where he was attacking, but the friendly fire potential is the real killer that can be hard to protect from.

Edited by Crackmonster.2790
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wait there is a green area?! Never noticed this. No wonder it keeps failing for me. I never have seen/noticed a green area to stand in😂. But as others have stated the visual noise is horrendous and chaotic. Made it impossible for me to figure out what the heck is going on. I still managed to stay up almost to the end (thank you tanky build), but still never been part of a successful one.  

But seriously I don't see a green area anywhere in those screen shots, Just a few yellow arrows.

Edited by muddytoot.4723
looked at linked screen shots, still don't see any green
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, muddytoot.4723 said:

Wait there is a green area?! Never noticed this. No wonder it keeps failing for me. I never have seen/noticed a green area to stand in😂. But as others have stated the visual noise is horrendous and chaotic. Made it impossible for me to figure out what the heck is going on. I still managed to stay up almost to the end (thank you tanky build), but still never been part of a successful one.  

But seriously I don't see a green area anywhere in those screen shots, Just a few yellow arrows.

The Green Circle appears below a single player during Minister Li's 3rd phase (33% - 0% Health). The player targeted with the Green Circle will go down if no other player is inside the Circle when it goes off. Red Circles still function as normal so if you try to stack inside of the Green Circle with a Red you are essentially trying to kill your teammate.

The Red Circles will always go off before the Green Circle so let the Reds pop then rush to Greens aid.

As far as the fight goes the mechanics aren't a problem, easy visual ques that players can learn over time. The problem I have with the fight right now is the Health Bars of the other Bosses besides Minister Li as even with a high DPS Group the Trio & Golem + Sniper still take an absurd amount of time. It almost feels like Minister Li is second fiddle in his own Strike Mission.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Green is fixed to one player. It'll do something like 20k damage, but the damage is equally divided between people inside. Do hug a buddy inside green. Four people makes the damage entirely ignorable; Li's attacks are fairly slow.

Bombs are fixed to five players. They do ~4k damage, but the damage is *multiplied* by the number of players (two players with bombs blowing up near each other will cause each bomb to deal double damage, 8k, for 16k total). Do not hug a buddy with a bomb.

Slash deals light damage and bumps you back a fair bit. Try not to fall off the platform through that tiny gap. Fully expecting the CM for this to just remove the fence, lol. Anyway, dodge through it. Try not to dodge into another player if one or both of you has a bomb.

Numbers at Li are fixed to three players. Li will execute a Reach attack at each player in order, with ~1s between the attacks. The attack does ~4k damage, but the damage is also multiplied by number of people it hits. the idea is to spread the I-II-III along the two corners and middle of one side, ideally the short side, while the party huddles on the opposing side. The slash can also be dodged, or even side-stepped, but be careful you don't accidentally make it hit someone else if you try this.

To defeat the 33-0 phase Li combo, know that slash happens first, about three quarter second before the bombs explode, which in turn also happens about three quarter second before green detonates. It is tight timing, so if you have people still alive, that can share green without risking a bomb in the team, do that, instead. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1