No names left, do we need to wait on GW3 to be able to play?

2 hours ago, Celtich.6472 said:

Is OP using his api key as a username? 😳

It's an old bug. For some players forum bugs out and instead of showing their display name, shows some internal key attached to it. It's actually not even a forum issue (the bug was already present on previous forums). It is most likely the internal (not player generated) API key for forum access for that account, truncated to the max available length of the display name field.

It most likely means there's some issue with account data that prevents proper display of display name, but for the few people i have seen mentioning it in the past, support was unable to help them with fixing it, so it might be something elusive.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2022 at 1:09 AM, E3C4EF7E-2001-4311-9291-12E0BB18CEFF said:

Hi,

What is the deal with names? I cant create a single character, there seems like that are no names left. 

Who wishes to name the character "xsalokhsjanlfkn"?

I mean there is no point in paying for a game that I cant create a character on? I haven't even had this bad experience with a full wow server as a comparison.

Do ArenaNet pure unused names or do I have to wait on Guild Wars 3? I tried more than 150 names so far, will this issue be fixed?

/Magnus

That's absolutely correct, you will need to wait until GW3, there is definitely no other solution. Sit tight buddy😉

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1