Skiff Skins: Black Lion Keys vs. Black Lion Statuettes

So wanted that newer Winged Reverie Skiff skin. Main account (8+ years) got it within 12 keys.

This second account I made as we both harvested items to build our personal guild hall up to level 66, and we used Glyph of Reaping on all harvest items. The second account cost me plenty; new account went to a EU server, and paid too much to have it transferred, then it the account was named some horrendous letter/number combination. Eventually got that fixed, and then paid to get off a bad server. And it has been a bit over a year since having it.
So... back to the issue of the Black Lion Keys, I bought 37 of them the other morning. Got a Elder Wood Node and an Equinox shield, and basically a mess of other random stuff. -- Last night I felt I would try it again, even though I should not of. In hind sigh, should not of. Got a Flaxseed node and that kitten shield again... none of my characters uses a shield. And they do not sell for enough to recoup more gold to buy another key.

Not sure why Anet does not outright sell the sail skiff skin. So, with taxes, spent under $80 for stuff that are useless to me, and lacking the new skiff skin. Am sure there will be other skiff skins, but... as to the the statuettes .... I hope the Anet developers would eventually put the skiff skins on their vendor so we that do not get lucky with those dastardly Black Lion Keys will have another option/outlet to acquire them with the BL Statuettes -- please.

Not buy more keys to try for that skiff skin, or much anything else related to BL keys any time soon. And I boosted Magic Find with a community booster, food, banner, and my best mount all for nothing. Yet my main account, if the skin was tradable, probably would of had another. Oh, main account did not get any node, but it has most all of the useful nodes already.

Can say the randomness is against me on this account. 74 keys and what was wanted never came. Feels like like this second account has been hexed for Black Lion Keys. /le sigh

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, idahoutback.6945 said:

As was stated, the other items are useless on this account. Main account has all nodes save Lotus & Bauble, the latter also being useless to us.

Well the reason you spent 80 bucks on keys in a short time, is the reason they wont put it in the store for a fixed price.

Max they could get from you then would be 2000 gems

Thats only 30 bucks or a bunch of gold to gems.

Well, for others that may not be as lucky with the key, or do not have the extra funds, I hope Anet will eventually have them as tradable through the statuettes.

As a closure, I chanced and bought a Golden Black Lion Key. Won three more of them... odd. And the middle one I did get the skiff skin I was desiring. Had a whisper (in game) suggesting that idea. Thanks!! 😄

Edited by idahoutback.6945
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

7 hours ago, idahoutback.6945 said:

Not sure why Anet does not outright sell the sail skiff skin. So, with taxes, spent under $80 for stuff that are useless to me, and lacking the new skiff skin. Am sure there will be other skiff skins, but... as to the the statuettes .... I hope the Anet developers would eventually put the skiff skins on their vendor so we that do not get lucky with those dastardly Black Lion Keys will have another option/outlet to acquire them with the BL Statuettes -- please.

You answered your own question in the next sentance. They don't outright sell it because some players will spend far more than anyone would accept as a direct purchase trying to get it from the chests, and when they give up on buying keys they're still looking for ways to get it, meaning they're still engaged with GW2. It's a win/win for Anet.

As long as it's profitable for them and doesn't lose them players they're going to keep doing it.

• Like 1