Weapon skins not equipping?

I am trying to put a new weapon skin I bought today on my legendary weapons and they're not applying? They just go right back to what the legendary weapon looks like and the skin still sits in my inventory. And I am on the right class elite to use said weapon.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Edited by Sora.3159
  • Confused 1

Just to make sure I understand, you bought a "skin" (not weapon with a new skin) and are trying to "use" it to consume and apply it? If so, I wonder if it is an issue related to last year's change to how legendaries work. You might have more luck "adding the skin to wardrobe" and then changing the legendary skin via the wardrobe tab in the hero panel (these sorts of transmutations are free on legendaries). You will have to do that for each character using the legendary, as the game is actually creating multiple versions of the weapon, not having your characters share one.

• Confused 1

Do you have the legendary weapon equipped on the character (in one of their weapon slots) or is it in the legendary armoury which shows at the top of the list of equippable items?

It will only work if the legendary weapon is equipped on the character. The ones in the armoury are 'template' weapons and you can't customise them until they're equipped on a character.

• Confused 1

When you bought the skin you unlocked it in the wardrobe, all the physical skin does is allow you to apply the skin one time for free, no transmutation charge used.  Since Legendary gear transmutes without using a charge anyway, it will not consume the skin/"free" charge, sort of a safety net.

Edited to add:

Just transmute the Legendary through the wardrobe, you will not use a charge.

Edited by Erich.1783
Clarity
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1