Revenants Should be Equipped with 2 Exotic Aquatic Weapons - Poll

Stelawrat.6589

Based on the May 2018 patch referenced, do you think that Revenants should be equipped with 2 Exotic Aquatic Weapons when boosted to level 80?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Based on the May 2018 patch referenced, do you think that Revenants should be equipped with 2 Exotic Aquatic Weapons when boosted to level 80?

• Yes
    • No

While reading about using level 80 boosts, I'd failed to note the differences between the number of weapons the professions receive when boosted.

Thinking that I'd found a bug, I submitted a ticket to Customer Service & I'm grateful to them for their speedy service & for providing the following information: 
"After researching this issue, we have verified that Revenants don't receive a second aquatic weapon when boosted. Each profession receives a different set of equipment from a Level-80 Boost. You can find a list of those equipment on our official wiki."

I understand that both Elementalists & Engineers can only use one aquatic weapon, so it makes sense that they would only receive one. 
"While underwater, they (Elementalists) have access to the trident only, offering four skill sets when changing attunements."
"Engineers use a harpoon gun while underwater."

However, it doesn't make sense that Revenants, who can use 2 different types of aquatic weapons, are not automatically given that ability, as they only receive one weapon when boosted.

I suspect that this is a hold over from the original Revenant specs & that it should have been changed at the same time as the May 8th, 2018 patch.

From the wiki, Revenant - Trivia
"Before the May 8th, 2018 patch, Revenants could only use spears underwater despite having two underwater weapon slots. They similarly only had two Legends usable underwater: Assassin and Demon. With the May 8th patch, they can use tridents and the Legendary Dwarf Stance underwater."

Honestly, I'm not the most experienced player, so I realize that there might be a really good reason for this limitation, to one weapon only to still be in effect. Just wondering if it is an oversight, which should be changed to better reflect the intention of the 2018 patch.

Paraphrasing CS: They advised that by gathering other player feedback, or suggestions through the official forums, which Members of the Development Team read daily, they can then review those suggestions which helps them gauge the level of interest in a particular idea, and also allows other players to discuss and offer feedback of their own. 

Thank you in advance for any feedback & thanks again to CS. 

Edited by Stelawrat.6589
To add a poll & modify Title.
  • Like 3

• Stelawrat.6589 changed the title to Revenants Should be Equipped with 2 Exotic Aquatic Weapons - Poll
  • 5 months later...

Yeah they never fixed it's lack of weapon issue after changing their mind on it not being able to weapon swap. It's also in need of a 2nd condi (ranged) weapon for core Rev. They are too afraid to add new weapons to core classes though for some reason *cough* Thief Off-hand Sword *cough*

• Like 1

well if its just acuatic combat... i dontbrealy care, i mean i have half my pj with green yellow and maybe an exotic or 2 around, its not like acuatic is that used after all.

But if they gave acuatic more weight or made it better then sure we shoukd get both acuatic weapons

• Like 1

On 10/19/2022 at 1:50 PM, Stelawrat.6589 said:

I don't know the answer, sorry. 😕

You only get the stats from the weapons your character is holding in it's hands at the moment. So underwater weapons and aquabreather are irrelevent when on land. When underwater, the aquabreather replaces your headgear stats and rune wise.

• Thanks 1