SPvP PSA: Willbender is better than Herald & DH after 29th

Saiyan.1704

Just wanted to throw that out there, considering there are a few pre-patch threads about how lackluster Willbender was. (it really was hurting for buffs). I don't want to give newer players the wrong idea that Willbender is still bad when browsing the current forums

Herald/DH will have their very specific uses but WB Feels like a better class overall. Perhaps not on initial 1v1 bursts (a good Herald can straight up hard-carry games) but WB's team utilities via cleanses and cleave throughout a teamfight is quite intense. I haven't felt this reliable on a team since the old days of Valks Hammer back when Anet was hosting PvP Tournaments overseas lol... Some may still use Herald in ATs but WB is for sure better than Dragonhunter. In some cases, by a large margin.

Btw im referring to the Metabattle build . I personally use Flash Combo instead of Judges.

Edited by Saiyan.1704
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

honestly i still don't think so.

WB got a very nice damage increase, and the power variant is deadly, but DH has one advantage, which is he can control fights and be on the defensive, and Herald has just too many blocks and invulns to make it deadly, at least on a 1x1 perspective.

While with WB you need to jump in or eat dmg. WB can kill a group faster than DH and Herald, but when it comes to 1v1 unless the WB has way more skill play it can still lose to a Herald or DH in 1v1, so i don't agree WB is better, but on par

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 4/17/2022 at 8:27 PM, KeoLegend.5132 said:

WB got a very nice damage increase, and the power variant is deadly, but DH has one advantage, which is he can control fights and be on the defensive, and Herald has just too many blocks and invulns to make it deadly, at least on a 1x1 perspective.

While with WB you need to jump in or eat dmg. WB can kill a group faster than DH and Herald, but when it comes to 1v1 unless the WB has way more skill play it can still lose to a Herald or DH in 1v1, so i don't agree WB is better, but on par

I'd likely put it above DH, unsure on herald.

Heres the thing. DH will forever have the One Downfall: All its good for is a Pubstompster, theres a Strict reason you really dotn see this Specc represented well in high level PvP / ATs / MATs, while being the most popular specc in the game in SPVP Enviroments, and its because the specc falls off DRASTICALLY the moment your enemys are at all organised or Reactive.

Its carried hard by trapper Rune and Traps effectively which means it has a Point of Dropping off, Willbender isnt carried by such things so in the Long run over the development. WB will prove a larger success while DH would fall off Massively due to the fact the speccs potiental falls off massively the moment you run against someone who knows what they're doing.

DH is Effectively in the same boat as speccs like Berserker, Against players who dont know how to deal with you, you'll wreak havoc among the masses and generally slaughter on sight. however Fall off drastically the moment someone does know how to fight you or u've climbed so high everythings become too organised.

7 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

I'd likely put it above DH, unsure on herald.

Heres the thing. DH will forever have the One Downfall: All its good for is a Pubstompster, theres a Strict reason you really dotn see this Specc represented well in high level PvP / ATs / MATs, while being the most popular specc in the game in SPVP Enviroments, and its because the specc falls off DRASTICALLY the moment your enemys are at all organised or Reactive.

Its carried hard by trapper Rune and Traps effectively which means it has a Point of Dropping off, Willbender isnt carried by such things so in the Long run over the development. WB will prove a larger success while DH would fall off Massively due to the fact the speccs potiental falls off massively the moment you run against someone who knows what they're doing.

DH is Effectively in the same boat as speccs like Berserker, Against players who dont know how to deal with you, you'll wreak havoc among the masses and generally slaughter on sight. however Fall off drastically the moment someone does know how to fight you or u've climbed so high everythings become too organised.

i agree that DH is very noobstomper

On 4/17/2022 at 2:27 PM, KeoLegend.5132 said:

Idk if I agree that DH can control fights... or anything for that matter, other than glass ranged classes. You may need to elaborate. Also i'm not really talking about AT's... buuut WB > DH for AT and that alone says a whole lot.

Edited by Saiyan.1704

On 4/17/2022 at 4:01 PM, Dralor.3701 said:

Maybe only fighting bad wb but destroying them with DH. That meta battle build is also not optimal…

How is the build not optimal or rather, what would you change? For starters this isn't the best 1v1 "side noder" WB duelist build... Zerkers (with minor trait and rune changes) is still better when it comes to that. In sPvP, I'm not even sure what else you could improve when it comes to node-to-node efficiency.

EDIT:
I wanted to elaborate a bit about Marauders vs any other amulet/rune.
A lot of guards are going to argue Valks or Zerks -  Valks doesn't give a constant 100% crit uptime... it's perhaps the #1 reason why it's not better than Marauders because you're going to miss a lot of crit important skills that needs to land. Especially when attacking 2+ targets.

The #2 reason and probably the most important is, it takes time to build Lethal Tempo's 25% increase damage on virtue proc. This is the meat and butter of Marauder meta's cleave damage... and maintaining that cleave damage. The fact that Lethal Tempo refreshes all stacks means we can continue on the pressure damages. However strong Zerk's initial damage with minimum Lethal Tempo stacks, it can't absorb residual damages to reach all 5 stacks of Lethal Tempo 

Edited by Saiyan.1704