Anet can you make pistols viable?

I have a perfectly viable deadeye pistol/pistol build.  90%+ of the time, I can even take down an earth elelmental in Malchor's Leap before their projectile reflect starts.  And with piercing, it isn't single target only.  Nearly identical build on my daredevil too, but, on it I run staff in the second set instead of just off-hand pistol (main-hand pistol in the primary, off-hand in the second for deadeye for the initiative boost on swap).

6 hours ago, Suyheuti.1732 said:

This is not his point about engi pistol. 

Yes you put mh but almost you dont use it. Kits always. Even autoaatacks are grenade skill 1. 

Engi pistol mh skills, especially autoattacks are too lame. I hate to use multiple kits. I changed to mace on my condi mechanist and I relieved now. 

Except that's not a pistols problem, that's a kits problem.

The fact that pistol is the chosen weapon for high DPS basically means that the other options are considered worse when performing an optimal DPS rotation. If the pistols weren't viable, another weapon would be there instead.

Now, the fact that you mainly use your kits instead of your equipped pistols just means that your kits are better than your weapons, not that pistols are bad.

If the debate was about giving weapons a more important role than kits in the Engineer's arsenal, then you'd have a point and I would agree with it. However, this thread is specifically mentioning that pistols aren't viable compared to other weapons. My post pointed out that it's not only false, it's the opposite.

• Thanks 1