Question about auto loot and event chests

So I recently got the auto loot mastery, I'm noticing that some chests shown on minimap disappear when looted but the big chest when killing a meta boss stay on the minimap even though I'm assuming I am getting the right loot, I guess I'm just curious if that happens for others as well because it makes me worry that I'm not getting everything I should be.

It stays on the map even if you looted it. However you'll only autoloot if you're alive on defeat of the boss. If you're dead don't wait for the boss to be killed and waypoint immediatly. If you're downed maybe you get lucky that someone revives you but don't count on that since it interrupts rotations and DPS so most people just ignore downed people these days. If you're dead and run back to the boss and you notice it's been defeated already on your way you have to interact with the chest. Same goes for loot from enemies. You'll only autoloot if you're alive. 

• Like 2

The autoloot feature works mainly on mobs you kill. I generally think chests working same as resource nodes, that you have to click them and it's best always to check.

On a side note: really loving the treasure hunter module on jade bot. Especially handy if you run around gathering a lot. Never miss a chest!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jukhy.2431 said:

On a side note: really loving the treasure hunter module on jade bot. Especially handy if you run around gathering a lot. Never miss a chest!

About that . . . I had visual on an underwater chest in Seitung province yesterday, and it was not showing on my minimap.