The current state of Revenant

Thornwolf.9721

20 hours ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

Mace/ax I guess doesn't exist with Mallyx.

I said OPTIONS. 
There's ONLY Axe and Mace. We used to have Sword as a semi Condi with Abyssal Chill but even that's kinda not viable anymore. 

And in fact, Axe need Abyssal Chill to apply 1 measly stack of Torment on Axe 4. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

On a 10s cooldown. You know I don't mean this minor when I talked about Condi Application minors, I meant the ones that applied on crit. 

Isn't that the purpose of Mallyx elite to add extra condi application?

Edited by Kulvar.1239

2 hours ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

Isn't that the purpose of Mallyx elite to add extra condi application?

Yea but why not have that + Rampant Vex, and it added more Torment stacks if Embrace Darkness critted? 

The point I was making is that Rampant Vex used to make crit building on Condi Revenant relevant, and by extension, made MH Sword actually a decent option for Condi Revenant as a weapon swap due to Abyssal Chill already causing old Precision Strike to be a semi-decent Condi application skill. 

The complaints in this post surprised me. I've been playing rev since HoT as well, figured out it was my main a few years later. I am g3 in PvP, so if you're speaking from platinum perspective there may be differences I don't see.

Herald is in such a good place across game modes right now I hope they don't touch it. Glint is such a based legend with tons of options for counterplay in a range of scenarios. You have stunbreak that blinds, get a damage boost when you consume Facet of Strength before swapping to Shiro and bursting, massive CC from Facet of Chaos, one of the strongest heals in the game with Facet of Light, and you pulse boons to allies all the while. BTW, Herald eats Willbenders. They're so squishy and their burst is predictable. It's just a coin toss sometimes with melee vs. melee if you don't kite well.

Shiro is AMAZING in pvp. I chase people down to clinch kills so aggressively with phase traversal. I use Jade Winds ALL THE TIME. It is a long duration AoE stun! Many clutch moments with it. My only issue with Shiro is high energy cost skills, so I swap legend off cooldown to always have some energy budget and keep up an aggressive pace in combat. 

Staff is great utility. Block->blind, two small heal bursts, massive knockback, decent damage pressure from autoattack. Remember it's a support weapon too, so just like Glint, you get the most out of it when you're +1ing teammates. Area heals and condi cleanse ❤️

Sw/sw is super strong. You have chill+burst, evade+burst, cone AoE immob, and a chase skill. Perfect kit. I like condi as well, and have tons of fun with axe4 and axe5. Mace is pretty good, I just wish the leap were slightly longer range.

Vindicator on the other hand is serviceable but terribly designed. You can burst with it as DPS/duelist and get crazy high healing output as support, but it's always inferior to another option. The spec has no internal synergy. I have a rework in mind that would turn both Urn and Spear into upkeep skills that charge with healing/damage output for burst barrier and burst damage, change Alliance Tactics into an upkeep skill that adds effects on dodges depending on your invoked legend, and condense the utilities onto one skill bar so we can stop switching between Saint Viktor and Archemorus without getting our energy reset. Urn would replace heal slot, Nomad's Advance would become a sequence skill that turns into Battle Dance, and the other two utilities would be consolidated into single skills with certain effects shifted to the on-dodge bonus from Alliance Tactics. Spear stays in elite slot.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1