Assassin’a Fury vs Twin Fangs

Roche.7491

It depends on your build and the situation.

For example… With consistent attacks/crits and No Quarter, you will be keeping up like 9-12 stacks of Might on yourself via Assassin's Fury. In some situations, that's a substantial amount of Might. But if you're playing a PvE Rifle or Pistol/Pistol Deadeye, you've already got 25 Might without that trait. If you're in an instance with a party, you've also already got the 25 Might. So then it's doing next to nothing. Ditto, if you're not just getting to unload on the target constantly, maybe it's more like 0-3 Might stacks. Which is kinda negligible.

I usually run twin fangs for the extra crit chance, as ASP said above a lot depends on build tho. If you are going for a prolonged fight and you don't have other might sources then assassin's fury is nice, but usually i take CS for ganky type builds so the extra crit damage and crit chance is better. 

3 hours ago, Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

I usually run twin fangs for the extra crit chance, as ASP said above a lot depends on build tho. If you are going for a prolonged fight and you don't have other might sources then assassin's fury is nice, but usually i take CS for ganky type builds so the extra crit damage and crit chance is better. 

Seems like fang is a better choice overall. However I won’t be able to utilize the extra 7% crit chance because my marauder gears are already over crit cap. I wonder 7% crit damage alone is worth it.

How much might is equivalent to 7% crit damage? I might be able to decide if I know the math.

5 hours ago, Roche.7491 said:

Seems like fang is a better choice overall. However I won’t be able to utilize the extra 7% crit chance because my marauder gears are already over crit cap. I wonder 7% crit damage alone is worth it.

How much might is equivalent to 7% crit damage? I might be able to decide if I know the math.

just swap out some mara piece?

twin fangs is like million times better than assasins fury

• Despite the description, this trait does not increase your critical damage stat, rather the damage dealt by critical hits by 7%, which makes the trait much stronger than described.

I use assassin's fury while playing solo to generate might because that's a lot more damage than 7% crit damage.  While Solo its usually tough to gain that 7% crit from flanking.  The only exception to this is when I'm playing Pistol/ Pistol because it can generate its own might easy.  

In groups I would always run twin fangs.

• Like 1