Instant death after leaving combat

I have been playing GW2 for about 3 months. I am having a great time and have been able to get my wife into into playing with me for the last 2 months.

Recently I have been experiencing instant death after leaving combat. Upon finishing a particularly difficult fight I very often die once out of combat for 5-7 seconds. I check my combat log and don't see any damage being taken or conditions that would explain the insta-death. Also I am not downed, I am defeated.

Is there some unknown to me mechanic that is causing this? It is very frustrating since I either have to wait for someone to rez me or go to the closest waypoint to continue playing.

Also for reference I am using a relatively modern computer with a 400mb wired internet connection so I don't experience any lag at all. I do get occasional fps drops when loading in a new are but otherwise my gtx1070 gets the job done.

If anyone has any advice for this annoyance let me know. Thanks in advance.

I see what you mean. I use Vengence to get up when knocked down. I didnt realize that I could die after combat while using that. Maybe I should read the descriptions a bit closer. Thank you for the insight. I will be more mindful of when I use that skill.

Edited by Depco.6310
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Depco.6310 said:

I see what you mean. I use Vengence to get up when knocked down. I didnt realize that I could die after combat while using that. Maybe I should read the descriptions a bit closer. Thank you for the insight. I will be more mindful of when I use that skill.

Don't feel bad.  This question comes up from time to time because how much time are you really spending carefully reading your downstate skills, right? 

FYI: If you want to make the rally from vengeance automatic, there is a trait for that in the discipline line called "Vengeful Return".  If you kill anything during vengeance you no longer have a chance to drop dead afterward.  You also gain a full endurance bar and 25% more health returned than usual.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2