Lets face it Scrapper needs a huge DPS buff

Mell.4873

Scrapper needs buffs, period, at this point. Outside of WvW there's pretty much no reason to play it over another quickness spec. And then heal scrapper needs to scramble to barely maintain it or spam high situational value skills off cooldown.

On 5/6/2022 at 3:04 AM, Stx.4857 said:

Agreed. Scrapper having the worst damage and also the worst sustain makes no sense and really shows how lazy the class balancing is in this game, the impact Savant nerf should have been packaged with some form of compensation.  

This. Did any other class get a double-digit nerf without any compensation lately? :x

• Like 1

Let me see.....

I'm continually soloing from 2 or more enemies with my scrapper.  My best was 5. 

Any 1v1 is pretty much a foregone conclusion of me obliterating my opponent. 

The only thing I think twice of fighting is a deadeye at his max range. If he can keep stealthing + shadowstep so I cannot get in range then I just vacate the area. Pointless to let someone keep hitting me at 1200 when my range is 900.

If I am able to start the fight inside my 900 range where we can both hit each other, then boom. He is dead.  

I run all assassin gear. 

Edit.  So  I do not see why people find scrapper underpowered.

Edited by Jitters.9401
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2022 at 4:04 AM, wasss.1208 said:

Other example, the famous Vitality nerf: "A percentage of the strike damage you deal is converted into barrier. Your vitality is reduced."

This would have been an unnoticeable change if they also didn't severely nerf Scrapper's survivability.

I still remember when they came and said "Scrapper was originally designed to be a tank" but then they removed all of the tanky aspects of it and gave it barrier.

I miss old flat damage reduction Scrapper. Barrier is cool and all, but I think it works better for things like Scourge and Holosmith. Scrapper should have stayed the same as it was before (the damage nerfs for hammer were understandable, given it would have been a tanky spec).

The only changes I like for Scrapper so far are the changes to Mass Momentum, the new trait Object in Motion, and Applied Force.

One change they could have made to offset the reduced health was increased toughness. That alone would have been a great change and solidified Scrapper in the role of tank/bruiser. This change alone is a much better change than aLl StRiKe DaMaGe GrAnTs A pErCeNtAgE oF bArRiEr (insert spongebob plaid meme here). Reason it would be better? Well, if you plan on going tanky, naturally you would lose damage, and with the current iteration of Impact Savant, what happens when you don't do enough damage? You get smaller barrier, which means you're less tanky. So you're forced to roll high damage, but wait, all of those stat combos that you roll for higher damage makes you less tanky (understandably), so ultimately you're getting nowhere being "more" tanky....

At least with my proposed change, you could still be tanky while losing damage instead of ultimately suffering and being penalized for not running massive amounts of damage.

Kudos Anet for destroying the theme of a spec and putting it, effectively, into a black hole.

Edited by Ghos.1326
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2022 at 2:15 AM, Rosiep.9128 said:

This is coming from an engineer main who loves scrappers core identity, any buffs to scrapper in its current state would make it even more dominant in WvW zerging and to an extent roaming due to the condi roaming builds.

Condi roaming builds? Mine got shafted with Scrapper changes that added quickness trait. Better off condi-bunkering on Mechanist. But if you have a build please share it. Don't think I've seen a condi Holo or Scrapper in months.