Skiff Racetrack

Ronin.4501

I shared this in the Discussion sub-forum a few weeks ago, but I thought I might as well share it here too as it's likely to reach a different part of the GW2 community.

Edited by Ronin.4501
grammar correction
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Nicely made. I like it.!

Thank you!  I wish the skiff's speed were a bit higher, but I can understand why Anet left it where it is as it's a mode of transport intended to go along with fishing, not racing.

That being said, the skiff's handling is not great (which is NOT a complaint; it's quite realistic IMO) and I actually had to downshift from 3rd to 2nd going through the turns or otherwise the boat doesn't exactly make it without riding up onto the sides of the track.

Now I just need to go back and test it out using the beetle!!

yea thats really cool now you just need to add jumps!

well at least you can down shift my skiff is stuck in 1st gear unless i mouse over to push the other speed buttons which really hampers my driving skills 😄

Edited by Kelly.7019

On 5/14/2022 at 6:16 AM, Ronin.4501 said:

Thank you!  I wish the skiff's speed were a bit higher, but I can understand why Anet left it where it is as it's a mode of transport intended to go along with fishing, not racing.

That being said, the skiff's handling is not great (which is NOT a complaint; it's quite realistic IMO) and I actually had to downshift from 3rd to 2nd going through the turns or otherwise the boat doesn't exactly make it without riding up onto the sides of the track.

Now I just need to go back and test it out using the beetle!!

Did you try placing ramp in the water? I wonder if going at top speed the skiff would be launched into the air, like the roller beetle, 🤔 That would be awesome.

Edited by Mil.3562
  • Haha 1

On 5/21/2022 at 4:27 AM, Mil.3562 said:

Did you try placing ramp in the water? I wonder if going at top speed the skiff would be launched into the air, like the roller beetle, 🤔 That would be awesome.

I had to give you the "laugh" emoji in response to your comment ONLY because I tested that out literally the first day I unlocked the IoR guildhall.  The boat ramp jump test results were...disappointing.  I made a video of the test:

• Like 1

Oh that's bad. Perhaps the boat is not going fast enough? Maybe it works better on the Curved Ramp? I can see that there is no jade bot skiff super charger on your boat. Now it's quite easy to get the charger up to tier 3 and maybe that would make a difference. Idk just speculating 🙂 My Hall is WH and I can't even place a skiff on the water, let alone testing it, bad Anet 😞

Edited by Mil.3562
Thanks for the video :)
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mil.3562 said:

Oh that's bad. Perhaps the boat is not going fast enough? Maybe it works better on the Curved Ramp? I can see that there is no jade bot skiff super charger on your boat. Now it's quite easy to get the charger up to tier 3 and maybe that would make a difference. Idk just speculating 🙂 My Hall is WH and I can't even place a skiff on the water, let alone testing it, bad Anet 😞

Yeah if you noticed in the original video of the track I've since upgraded my skiff to Supercharger 3/Jade Bot 10 and all the skiff masteries, but it still doesn't produce enough speed and tends to decelerate very quickly once it hits the ramp (both the straight and curved versions), and then drop like a lead weight as soon as it clears the ramp.

As much fun as it was making the track and testing out the skiff, it's clear the skiff is for fishing, not racing. 🙁

Edited by Ronin.4501