Living World Paywall

On 6/10/2022 at 7:47 PM, Emerik.1647 said:

Thank god i saw this while browsing forum at work

Wont spent money and time on this game.

And i wondered why game isnt as popular as it should.

Its infested with F2P shop and hides inconvinient parts

I should not lurk forums to see where devs try to scam me.

They can do all they want with their game

Thing is if they treat this as some business school test on client abuse they shoudnt be suprised with backlash

After all its just "Business"

Well. Since you posted here, I assume you already spent money on the game since you need a full account to post here 🤷🏼‍♀️You don’t have to pay more to enjoy this game.  If you don’t find the game worthy enough to play to get the gold for the rest of the items you want, it’s not the game for you. Better go play a monthly subscription game as it’s way more convenient. And they are not businesses that milk you for money and scam you. Oh wait

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

I always find this a fascinating argument.  I get it to a degree, but then again I don't.  Before GW2 I played games that had gear/weapon upgrades locked behind paywalls, costumes were RNG based and character based instead of account wide.  Yes GW2 does charge for expansions.  Of course they do, but since I have been here (just under 2 years) all those earlier LW episodes have been made available for free a couple different times.  I would assume they might be again in the future.  Their cash shop is the absolutely least intrusive cash shop I have ever seen in a F2P game.  And they have the option to turn gold into gems...something in all the endless games I have played in the past I have never seen before.  Yes they could make it clearer that the LW seasons are a separate purchase.  But if you are patient and play the expansions you already bought they might come up again for free, who knows.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 6/13/2022 at 12:40 PM, The Boz.2038 said:

You read panic and doomsaying from people who have a bone to pick.

The gem shop allows for in-game-attained gold to be converted into gems. An episode is, like, maybe two hours of farming to unlock. A full season has a ~23% discount. 

We really are in "if the game offers anything else to buy ever other than the expansion, it is F2P shop with pay-to-win elements and thus the work of Satan". 

Seriously...

still not an argument. its still bad

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

On 6/13/2022 at 9:23 PM, Minjin.8259 said:

I always find this a fascinating argument.  I get it to a degree, but then again I don't.  Before GW2 I played games that had gear/weapon upgrades locked behind paywalls, costumes were RNG based and character based instead of account wide.  Yes GW2 does charge for expansions.  Of course they do, but since I have been here (just under 2 years) all those earlier LW episodes have been made available for free a couple different times.  I would assume they might be again in the future.  Their cash shop is the absolutely least intrusive cash shop I have ever seen in a F2P game.  And they have the option to turn gold into gems...something in all the endless games I have played in the past I have never seen before.  Yes they could make it clearer that the LW seasons are a separate purchase.  But if you are patient and play the expansions you already bought they might come up again for free, who knows.

same goes here. just the pool of manure is not as deep as other doesn't make it not a pool manure

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

On 6/13/2022 at 9:23 PM, Minjin.8259 said:

The vast majority of the complaints in these threads are not about the price of LS episodes. Most of us all agree GW2 has one the fairest and generous business models out there. 

It's just the upfront transparency of information.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1