All Aboard the Chrono Train!

Lethion.8745

1 hour ago, Vincenzo.3145 said:

Are you talking about the train that crashed in 2019 when they reworked SoI?

Not only reworked SoI, killed Bountiful Disillusionment, and recently reworked Chaos so that it uses a boon that Chrono can't provide itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So my mesmer, which had full gear and skill templates  only needs half of them now since the other half were chrono support templates. Full diviner, full minstrel, minimum toughness for slb/condi chrono.

Wow, completely gutting what little use it had. Can someone please explain how anyone can say that these are buffs? Like, did they never play a quickness+alac chrono because the meta already put it in the trash before EoD?

The shield 5 nerf (target cap and only one boon in exchange for some might yay) would have already been a slap in the face. But only providing one or the other is just..

• Like 1

I can see the buff being useful since we can now reliably supply Alacrity OR Quickness but can't do both. We still lack in damage and healing while doing so, sadly. (Hadn't officially tested in PvE but I can see potential for Quickness doing more damage while Alacrity can focus on healing more.)

My biggest issue with these changes for Chronomancer is definitely the Swiftness on Shield 5... It could've easily been Regeneration just to give a small nudge towards the supportive side and providing better synergy with Chaos' various traits.

There's also the fact we've now gotta take two Well traits to use wells most optimally. (Maybe in the future they'll merge the heal into Stretched Time via heal allies when granting them Alacrity or something. Who knows.)

Baby steps. Maybe in 3 months.

2 minutes ago, SugarJohnson.4596 said:

They delete traits that effect skills and weapons one after another but come up with the idea that the player base needs 2 Well traits. A skill Type  which mechanically contradicts the game play. You can not make that up. 

I mean, they did mention they're breaking original rules for specializations now... Didn't say anything about it being good.

ugh.

Edited by Vinny.7260
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Myxam.2790 said:

How'd that faith work out for you? I lost mine in 2015. 

Well, in my country, we say "Hope is poorman's food."

As we mentioned earlier this week, we’ve added a follow-up balance update to our schedule on August 2. For that release, we'll be looking at addressing warrior banners and chronomancer’s relatively low damage output through chronomancer-specific traits and increasing the damage on core weapons (like the treatment ranger is getting today).

Edited by Lethion.8745