Upcoming Alacrity Tempest, concerned about healing

Erick Alastor.3917

1 hour ago, the krytan assassin.9235 said:

I'm honestly more worried about the channeling time Tempest is gonna have. Basically you're gonna be stuck channeling your overloads for like 1/3 of the time. Even if the build is gonna be decent, it's gonna be incredibly boring to play 

Check the video I posted on the previous page then xD.
Anet managed to destroy two builds with a single trait.
Right now it will be cluncky whatever weapon you'll pick because FOUR 4s channelings every 20s each.
But we get some extra clunkiness specific to each healing set:

1. D/WH but no heals on aura.
  2. STAFF but constantly forced out of water.

I'm chill, I luckily play all classes so I can simply play something else, but this change was so weird I had to give some feedback (memes just came as a bonus).

Edited by Erick Alastor.3917
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, volca.7234 said:

No its not perfectly fine to be highest heal per second class in the game AND be an alac source, if they want to give tempest free alac i will be the first to post a thread demanding the healing in tempest kit to be much lower.

And role diversity beats single role bloat 

I agree. I think people arent understanding the insane heals Tempest has. Without Elemental Bastian you still have the ability to heal alac, its just going to be more difficult. Heal alac tempest will be a thing but it won't be for noobies

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

I don't remember the math, but there was a time water OVERLOAD was actually healing loss because of cast-time but also CD on attunement if you swap out of water.

Here you may have to overload in 2-3-4 attunements in your rotation for alacrity uptime, how are you suppose to heal while always in overload or water in CD  ?

Edited by Zhaid Zhem.6508

1 hour ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

I don't remember the math, but there was a time water OVERLOAD was actually healing loss because of cast-time but also CD on attunement if you swap out of water.

Here you may have to overload in 2-3-4 attunements in your rotation for alacrity uptime, how are you suppose to heal while always in overload or water in CD  ?

The separation of a great and ok tempest is rotation through ALL attunements. Water camping is not efficient. I assume alac tempest as healer will have to run arcane traitline to reduce attunement cds. This is what I have to run for Cata heals and it works great! P.s. there are tons of tricks in ele kit for casting into an attunement swap which really lessens the blow of having to swap your active kit so frequently.

As far as water overload, i've personally always found it useful in a pinch if ive just used my water abilities but I know a big dps hit is coming. The reason I don't use it otherwise is simply because it increases the cooldown of your water attunement, and since you need water attunement on call asap, you dont want to overload water unless its absolutely needed. Overloading fire air and earth are all beneficial to your team in terms of boons or static charge from air

Edited by kapenike.6793
Didnt respond to the entire message

1 hour ago, JPUlisses.8756 said:

If you want to give alacrity why you concerned about healing? You want to support or heal?

Were just trying to theorize a fit for tempest in the meta. Unlike ren, this ele alac has potential to fit in as alac heal, kind of like heal alac mech. Alacrity dps tempest isnt doubted at all, it fits in the current rotations by default as all dps tempests have to overload.

1 hour ago, kapenike.6793 said:

Were just trying to theorize a fit for tempest in the meta. Unlike ren, this ele alac has potential to fit in as alac heal, kind of like heal alac mech. Alacrity dps tempest isnt doubted at all, it fits in the current rotations by default as all dps tempests have to overload.

I agree, Alac dps would def work in the current iteration.
Alac heal on the other hand will be pretty meh, probably not even close to healmec.
Lfg will tell.