Torch without light source

Hey

I've spent enormous amount of time to find torch that not cause light on surrounding area. If you ask google there isn't really much relevant links on that topic and lots of them are many years old.

I cannot confirm it but it seem like there is spellfire torch. I found that one like 2-3 months ago and since than im checking gem store if i ever see it to give it shot.

Someone also told me that dragon bash has no light source but i can already see in preview thats not true.

Also there is lot of discussion about different colors and intensity. I thought maybe something dimmer could work. So far no luck and i tried a lot of them.

Does anyone know about something ? it can be ugly and expensive as long as it won't cast any light around.

Thanks

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

@Khisanth.2948 @Inculpatus cedo.9234

Thank you very much!

So i bought Seven Reapers Torch Skin. NO light! Pretty decent skin. Super easy to get BO on market for 15g.

Pinnacle Flame is also nice. But i have 15 588 achiv points. And that torch require ~double. But definitely good to know... Maybe one day in future. Torch will be my 1st pick.

Forgotten Brilliance Also good option to get rid of light i didn't know about. If there weren't Seven Reapers Torch Skin (easier/cheaper and prettier.) i would go for this one.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 6/26/2022 at 12:41 AM, Luna.6203 said:

Hey

I've spent enormous amount of time to find torch that not cause light on surrounding area. If you ask google there isn't really much relevant links on that topic and lots of them are many years old.

I cannot confirm it but it seem like there is spellfire torch. I found that one like 2-3 months ago and since than im checking gem store if i ever see it to give it shot.

Someone also told me that dragon bash has no light source but i can already see in preview thats not true.

Also there is lot of discussion about different colors and intensity. I thought maybe something dimmer could work. So far no luck and i tried a lot of them.

Does anyone know about something ? it can be ugly and expensive as long as it won't cast any light around.

Thanks

This Page on the bottom has notable exceptions to light source ( These items have a particle effect that includes a light or glow that does not illuminate the surrounding area )

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Light_source

2 hours ago, Robban.1256 said:

This Page on the bottom has notable exceptions to light source ( These items have a particle effect that includes a light or glow that does not illuminate the surrounding area )

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Light_source

I dont see single torch in that list thus i don't know how this is useful..

Notable exceptions

These items have a particle effect that includes a light or glow that does not illuminate the surrounding area:

•     Beacon of Light— the glow effect when drawn does not add illumination. -- axe not a torch
  •     Emberglow — the torch-like flame does not add illumination. -- scepter not a torch
  •     Firebringer — the fire effect when drawn does not add illumination. -- sword not a torch
  •     Fractal Capacitor  — the rays of light and particles do not add illumination. -- back not a torch
  •     The Anomaly — the rays of light do not add illumination. -- focus not a torch
  •     The Bifrost — the rainbow footsteps, weapon animations, glow, and other effects do not add illumination. -- staff not a torch

Warbringer and all preceding WvW Skirmish backpieces — The flame effect does not add illumination. -- back not a torch

•     Lightning Catcher, Sun Catcher, Wind Catcher and their Grand counterparts -- back not a torch
  •     The Cutting Edge and  Holosmith's Sword - despite being lightsabers do not emit light -- sword not a torch
  •     Caladbolg weapons (excluding Broken Caladbolg) -- dagger, scepter, sword, greatsword, shield but not a torch
  •     For the following sets, the fire effect when drawn does not add illumination, except for the torch. -- except for the torch

Fused weapons Molten weapons Royal Flame weapons

Anyway 1st two replies in that thread resolved exactly what i was asking for. Sure, if know about any other torch without light source to surounding area. Feel free to share.

Edited by Luna.6203

29 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

And here I am trying to find as many weapons that do cast light as possible, because dark areas are so annoying.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. 😄

It probably depends on graphic settings and monitor settings. But in my case this torch blob of light cause unnatural brightness hurting my eyes in already bright areas. It's also ugly if there were shade from character or something. Or effect would be suppressed in bright zones. But its just unnatural blob of oversatured colors.

Dark areas are rare. And if you have situation like lion's arch puzzle you can take any aoe skill (bigger = better) which create big green circle under your cursor (targeting indicator). Hover mouse cursor over dark area and you have night vision 😶

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Luna.6203 said:

It probably depends on graphic settings and monitor settings. But in my case this torch blob of light cause unnatural brightness hurting my eyes in already bright areas. It's also ugly if there were shade from character or something. Or effect would be suppressed in bright zones. But its just unnatural blob of oversatured colors.

Very likely. I calibrate my monitors lower contrast and less saturated than typical due to doing artwork for print.

Dark areas are rare. 

They are rare, but I dislike them that much. 😄 Bitterfrost at night, the LA JP, and the dwarf mini-dungeon are all areas I feel so much happier when I have my own light source.

And if you have situation like lion's arch puzzle you can take any aoe skill (bigger = better) which create big green circle under your cursor (targeting indicator). Hover mouse cursor over dark area and you have night vision 😶

I've used this, though sometimes the way the AOE maps across the platforms makes them confusing to my eye.

I'm glad the devs left you some torches that don't cast light, and that players were able to help identify them!

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 2