WvW broken

Last few weeks Gandara has had no chance to even come close to holding its own, massively outnumbered almost all the time. I get this is some sort of revenge for them being seen as OP for a long time but the way Anet are approaching this is toxic. I like WvW when its mostly even, and the whole point of servers going up/down each week should make it approximately even most of the time but the current system just kills this totally. The only logical response to this is first disappointment, then anger, mostly aimed at Anet, thanks for nothing, I will remember this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Bandito Baba.4921 said:

Last few weeks Gandara has had no chance to even come close to holding its own, massively outnumbered almost all the time. I get this is some sort of revenge for them being seen as OP for a long time but the way Anet are approaching this is toxic. I like WvW when its mostly even, and the whole point of servers going up/down each week should make it approximately even most of the time but the current system just kills this totally. The only logical response to this is first disappointment, then anger, mostly aimed at Anet, thanks for nothing, I will remember this. 

It would seem that your server is on some form of a blackout strike according to several posters on the forums.  That is likely why, for the last, I think they said 4 weeks now?, that you are very empty.

It would appear that some members are looking to wait until a link comes ( which will be around the end of July) or until you open up, which probably will be longer.

Of course some believe that Anet has some vendetta against your server.  But who really knows?  

• Confused 1

I heard from another Gandara player that they only stopped playing for 2 weeks and that it ended already, which isn't enough time to try to tank the population algorithm.  Not sure which player is more accurate as to the length of the coordinated tanking.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I heard from another Gandara player that they only stopped playing for 2 weeks and that it ended already, which isn't enough time to try to tank the population algorithm.  Not sure which player is more accurate as to the length of the coordinated tanking.

Come on man nobody said 2 weeks. We tanked for 3 weeks and people came back after the 3rd consecutive unchanged status.

• Haha 2

You are quite right to be upset, poor gandara the victims to Arenanets Wrath for your policies of roaming and ganking people running out of spawn! I stand with you an invite you to RoF server discord to discuss possible ~~Drama~~ and rebellious ideas to fix this 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Yes I Cap.5389 said:

You are quite right to be upset, poor gandara the victims to Arenanets Wrath for your policies of roaming and ganking people running out of spawn! I stand with you an invite you to RoF server discord to discuss possible ~~Drama~~ and rebellious ideas to fix this 

You must be confused. Try again with Jade Sea organised groups (like 10 players from the same guild) hounding enemy spawn camps (redvale and bluevale, greenlake and redlake) and ignoring everything else and maybe, just maybe, I'll believe you.

You are in T1, Gandara in T5.  Not only that, you have been in T1 most of the last link period and Gandara is always T5. The last time we played (other than at the beginning of this linking period when you were linked to Deso and we were striking) was mid December 2021, your kdr was 0.85, our kdr was 0.85, your K+D were 90k our K+D were 59k, your total score (1st place) was 467k our totals score (last) 380k. What a welcome contribution to illustrate our point made elsewhere about Gandara's situation. Now get @Chaba.5410 to reassure you about how much you were outnumbered and ganked, one time, 6 months ago, based on the numbers above and some irrelevant ANet posts. I'm pretty sure even him will have some trouble with this.

Edited by Karagee.6830
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Yes I Cap.5389 said:

I'll be honest mate I was just having a bit come over to RoF discord and report to Ming about how unprofessional I was being and we can discuss how to fix this.

It's funny though, the only time I gank people on purpose (or I try to) is in a southern camp in any of the maps and when objective defender is up as daily. You know why I have to hide and wait? Because normally we have nothing reasonable to defend, so this is the last resort

• Sad 1

I don't care if you don't believe me that my source consistently said two weeks was too long away from the game for them.  Even at three weeks, that's still too little a length of time as I first told you on the 20th.  The algorithm is designed to disincentivize the exact thing you are doing, as it should.

Edited by Chaba.5410

12 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I don't care if you don't believe me that my source consistently said two weeks was too long away from the game for them.  Even at three weeks, that's still too little a length of time as I first told you on the 20th.  The algorithm is designed to disincentivize the exact thing you are doing, as it should.

Eh, nobody has ever said 2 weeks man, why do you always feel the need to do this sneaky stuff and change or twist what has been said. Besides you have written that you don't know how the algorithm works and now you say it's designed to disincentivise something? So you do know! And what you seem to be suggesting is that if we all migrated to BB and nobody was left on Gandara, the server would be a) empty, b) full and c) without a link if this happened within 1 month of relink? 

Edited by Karagee.6830
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Karagee.6830 said:

Eh, nobody has ever said 2 weeks man, why do you always feel the need to do this sneaky stuff and change or twist what has been said. Besides you have written that you don't know how the algorithm works and now you say it's designed to disincentivise something? So you do know! And what you seem to be suggesting is that if we all migrated to BB and nobody was left on Gandara, the server would be a) empty, b) full and c) without a link if this happened within 1 month of relink? 

Speaking of changing or twisting what has been said, no where did I say I don't know how the algorithm works.  I said I know what Anet has described to us of the system.  Why do you always get so confused, like thinking at first that world restructuring wasn't going to have world transfers and telling me that I'm wrong despite it being right there in the FAQ?   And no one has presented any convincing and comprehensive evidence ever that showed the system isn't doing what Anet told us it is designed to do and how they've used it.  There's been zero reason ever given to not believe Anet.

You should try to talk to your fellow Gandarans a bit more too.

Edited by Chaba.5410

1 hour ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I said I know what Anet has described to us of the system.  

So do you know how it works or don't you? Where do they say 3 weeks at 33% of the population does not affect whether a server status is changed or not? Some servers got their status changed much faster than that after relink, must have been months in the making and in no way connected to a spike or a sudden drop in population because that would come later. How much later did they say exactly 4, 5, 6, 52 weeks? 

There's been zero reason ever given to not believe Anet.

There is plenty of reasons when what they said does not match what you see on a daily basis, including servers unofficially removed from the normal policy like BB (because I don't think anyone has ever provided actual official statements from ANet about this, it has been deduced by the community, like we have deduced everything else), Full+Full links fighting medium+vhigh links and such.

You should try to talk to your fellow Gandarans a bit more too.

Like who exactly? Those who have thanked me via private message for highlighting the issues everyone agrees on on the server's discords, teamspeak and even in the team chat? Or who else exactly? Find someone from any Gandaran guild who disagree with the OP (not me) on this, I dare you. Ah right, when challenged @Chaba.5410 diverts, obfuscates, strawmans or talks about something else. I mean I asked you like 6 times to provide evidence of your other claims and I got 0 straight answers, now I ask you to find some Gandarans who are happy and think this situation is fair and normal and I will obviously not get a reply either. Or better still, I will get a reply and it will be about something else.

Edited by Karagee.6830
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Karagee.6830 said:

Like who exactly?

There's no need to me to unfairly put my sources into a drama and emotional filled public position and ask you to accept their hearsay evidence.  Three weeks is still not long enough as you have personally experienced.  Gandara didn't open.

"we use a fairly long historical tail on WvW activity level for world population purposes. Intent being to prevent worlds from artificially lowering their cap with just a couple weeks of intentional inactivity"

If you want faster results the solution is here too.  Transfer off Gandara:

"A player's past playtime is attributed to their currently-assigned home world for the purposes of world population levels."

You can also read here where they admit they mess with the Full status on a per server basis.  That's the normal policy, not whatever you thought it was.

Edited by Chaba.5410

2 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I mean is it so hard to say whether you know or don't know? It's a simple yes or no question.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

There's no need to me to unfairly put my sources into a drama and emotional filled public position and ask you to accept their hearsay evidence.  Three weeks is still not long enough as you have personally experienced.  Gandara didn't open.

"we use a fairly long historical tail on WvW activity level for world population purposes. Intent being to prevent worlds from artificially lowering their cap with just a couple weeks of intentional inactivity"

If you want faster results the solution is here too.  Transfer off Gandara:

"A player's past playtime is attributed to their currently-assigned home world for the purposes of world population levels."

You can also read here where they admit they mess with the Full status on a per server basis.  That's the normal policy, not whatever you thought it was.

All of this from a player, not ANet, who says ANet do not do what they say they do???? Priceless...

Edited by Karagee.6830
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Karagee.6830 said:

All of this from a player, not ANet, who says ANet do not do what they say they do???? Priceless...

What?  Those are former Anet devs I pulled the quotes from.  Just slow down, take a breath, and read the responses on that thread from the devs.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Meanwhile RoS just opened despite being in a significantly better state? Makes sense to me.

• Sad 1