So how will you build your Boontamed after tomorrow’s patch?

Rysdude.3824

1 hour ago, Kodama.6453 said:

With 100% boon duration you just need 2 spirits to keep alacrity up.

100% boon duration means that spirits give 8 seconds of alacrity on their active skills. Alacrity is reducing their skill cooldowns from 20 seconds to 16 seconds.

In theorie you're right, in execution you will never achieve 100% alac uptime with only 2 spirits. if one dies, god knows why but it could.. you're "screwed", if you press your refresh spirit button 1 second to late bc of executing other mechanics.. no 100%
So you NEED to take 3 spirits, which is kinda annoying bc your bound to take the healspirit to free up a slot for whatever you would need,  no more healingspring.
Druid got buffed, which was needed, but they take away our stab from nature spirit, almost the only stab we can provide (I think CA 5 also).  there is no reason why you would take druid over ham which provides same without any trouble
They could rework glyphs that (beside the push) are never used anywhere bc of no use.

Also a huge downside on spirits is that they pulse, so you don't have full coverage of boons, you get boons for 1-2 sec and they refresh, resulting in a really annoying soundqueue when you have protection up, every second you hear the sound of the boon you get again, and again,...
Might upkeep to 25 is almost impossible now. (this shouldn't be a problem with other classes like fb providing might)

• Thanks 1

I switched to condi recently to freshen up my playstyle.

I might go ritualist. Atm I am still viper because I thought that hybrid SLB could be a secondry. Sadly they killed that build horribly.

So I prolly run some NM, WS build with Aristocracy runes plus probably earth spirit.

But first I'll wait a bit.

IRL is currently abit eventful so I will keep it casual for now and go back into buildcraft after Anet doused that dumpsterfire of a patch.

On 6/27/2022 at 6:40 PM, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

Spirits will be pulsing boons. Water pulses regen, Frost pulses might, stone pulses protection, storm pulses fury, sun pulses vigor. It's not one and done, and it'll give untamed some boon potential. Once the boons are up they'll likely stay up.

It would help if more than half of these were good or relevent on soulbeast. Unfortunately Frost Spirit is hot garbage, regen is garbage unless you are a healer (as in it will actually do nothing in a group setting), vigor is fine, fury is kinda pointless now that everyone has it (its the vulnerability of boons, there is no excuse for a group to not have it) but its probably one of the better spirits to run for alacrity as the activation is actually decent, and protection is nice i guess and you wont run the elite if you are not a druid. 

I played with the idea of boon soulbeast but its kinda meh. So i just started learning condi untamed instead.