Sigil on legend swap.

captrowdy.9561

Now that we know the devs seem to be struggling and say they are listening. Give this back. Necro gets to do it when they go into shroud. If it was removed because of the new elit spec figure somthing else out. I need to clear conditions. 

Edited by captrowdy.9561
  • Like 15
  • Confused 1

honestly, with the weapon-swap sigils having a 9 second cooldown, i don't see the problem with legend-swaps also triggering the sigil. 

it doesn't matter if you can rotate swaps every 5 seconds (weapon, 5s later legend, 5s later weapon, 5s later legend, etc...) because the sigil will still only proc every 9s at the fastest. and since ele can swap attunements faster, and since necro can swap in and out of shroud in addition to swapping weapons, and THEY still can't trigger the sigil faster than 9s... 

stowing weapons as part of skill rotations affects DPS/ healing/ boon output much more than 9s cooldown sigils ever could, hence the catalyst hammer changes

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 7/9/2022 at 12:26 PM, captrowdy.9561 said:

Now that we know the devs seem to be struggling and say they are listening. Give this back. Necro gets to do it when they go into shroud. If it was removed because of the new elit spec figure somthing else out. I need to clear conditions. 

Yeah we don't have the weapon variety for us to not have this back. If we have to swap to say, staff, just to clear a couple conditions during our dps/pressure, like most classes need to and can do without swapping weapons, then why the heck can't we?

Outside of Demon Stance, which I can't even use for power builds, I have an INSANELY hard time with conditions and immob especially. It's been making me furious with this class. You're expected to cast a ground-target condi cleanse and use up energy on say, Alliance stance, to clear conitions, and you're also expected to get stunned and break out of it rather than prevent them in the first place (far more effective), unless you're in Jalis and standing in the field.

We need more passive ways of cleansing and preventing CC to keep our momentum, like cleansing sigil on legend swap. Not entirely active methods for it. I mean the options don't always align well with our build options and taking away sigil effects on legend swaps was like kicking it when it's down.

Sheesh.

Revs are such easy kills for me in WvW because they melt with soft CC (Chill, Immob, etc.) and hard CC (Daze, Stun). Out of all the new Elite specs I ADORE Vindicator and it's jump but they're making this really difficult for me.

Eles also really need some love.

Also, My Holosmith does much more (which is good). Bring the specs up to Holo level. And Guardian level. Give us fun stuff too.

Edited by Arolandis.8360
  • Like 1

I'm going to say something stupid but, they nerfed the sigil with the legend change because it was too strong and for a false reason, but they managed to do on the alliance when you go from red to blue or vice versa that you don't recover energy, it was enough to do the same with the sigil. Well no, we just wanted the nerf....

On 7/10/2022 at 2:09 PM, Forgotten Legend.9281 said:

honestly, with the weapon-swap sigils having a 9 second cooldown, i don't see the problem with legend-swaps also triggering the sigil. 

it doesn't matter if you can rotate swaps every 5 seconds (weapon, 5s later legend, 5s later weapon, 5s later legend, etc...) because the sigil will still only proc every 9s at the fastest. and since ele can swap attunements faster, and since necro can swap in and out of shroud in addition to swapping weapons, and THEY still can't trigger the sigil faster than 9s... 

stowing weapons as part of skill rotations affects DPS/ healing/ boon output much more than 9s cooldown sigils ever could, hence the catalyst hammer changes

I somehow feel like Anet forgot that the sigils have a cooldown to balance it already.

Edited by Arolandis.8360
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2022 at 6:26 PM, captrowdy.9561 said:

It was said that revs shoudnt have it because other classes change weapon skills while rev changes class skills, but think about it.

Rev legends are basicaly weapon skills, you use shiro like you use a gs, you have a set of skills and swap to jalis(hammer) when you need other set of skills, as you cant choose legends are basicaly a 2 weapon swap.

Also we all know they took it out because condi rene was too strong with it, and vindi with energy sigils would be insane, but well they could balance it and give it back but why bother about one of the not main classes right? cof cof XD