Give Core War an F2. Give Back Core Burst to Berserker.

Zuko.7132

Both of these specs are dogdoodoo in pvp. This could be the buff they need.

The F2 should be defensive for core war to give core war more of a bruiser role while berserker is all out dps.

I recommend giving resistance, resolution, protection, and one stack of stab. Duration is based on adrenaline level. 15 sec cooldown. Instant cast. Probably 2, 4, 6 second duration based on adrenaline level.

4 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

If they did an F2 it should be related to the OH weapon, or as a secondary burst for 2 handers. Things like Warhorn and Shield would be defensive and could do what you mentioned.

That would be ideal, but I doubt it would ever happen due to having create multiple new skills. This requires only one new skill. I would prefer your idea, but I figured I'd ask for something they might actually do.

If they're not willing to create entirely new skills, why not have F2 be the burst for your 2nd weapon set? 

Would decrease the issue of not having Fast Hands (trait or baseline). Some weapons have low enough cooldowns that you technically don't NEED to swap, we just do so because we have the "on swap" traits and to gain access to the other burst. Sometimes the situation demands delaying swapping period because you're in the middle of a channeled skill.

By having access to both burst skills regardless of what set is currently active it has the potential to provide additional playstyles for warriors:

• Power Hammer (Active) with Greatsword; can use the Greatsword burst to assist DPS while doing CC damage.
  • Condi Longbow (Active) with Mace; can fight from range, but if people get too close you spike/stun them with Skullgrinder
  • Crit Dagger (Active) with Hammer; can use different Utilities as the Hammer Burst as F2 provides additional CC for Attacker's Insight

Additional mechanics could include:

• When you equip both weapon sets you can select which one sits in F1, and which in F2. These no longer move when you swap weapons.
  • When you equip different Elite Specializations, different selections happen:
    • Berserker replaces F1 (Berserk + Primal Burst), keeps F2 [potentially a direct upgrade]
    • Spellbreaker replaces F2 (Full Counter), select which Burst Skill is in the F1 slot [potentially a direct downgrade]
    • Bladesworn replaces... unknown. [I argue Gunsaber should be a weapon Kit via the Elite Skill but that's personal opinion]
  • Replace Dual Wielding Trait --> Master of Arms:
    • Option 1: Warrior Burst skills (F1 & F2) can now be selected regardless of what weapon sets are equipped. (i.e. Axe+Axe & Greatsword equipped, but with Mace F1 and Hammer F2 Bursts)
    • Option 2: Gain F3 - Select 1 burst skill that you otherwise would not have access to (i.e. Sword+Torch & Mace+Shield equipped, with Longbow Burst as F3)
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

If they're not willing to create entirely new skills, why not have F2 be the burst for your 2nd weapon set? 

Would decrease the issue of not having Fast Hands (trait or baseline). Some weapons have low enough cooldowns that you technically don't NEED to swap, we just do so because we have the "on swap" traits and to gain access to the other burst. Sometimes the situation demands delaying swapping period because you're in the middle of a channeled skill.

By having access to both burst skills regardless of what set is currently active it has the potential to provide additional playstyles for warriors:

• Power Hammer (Active) with Greatsword; can use the Greatsword burst to assist DPS while doing CC damage.
  • Condi Longbow (Active) with Mace; can fight from range, but if people get too close you spike/stun them with Skullgrinder
  • Crit Dagger (Active) with Hammer; can use different Utilities as the Hammer Burst as F2 provides additional CC for Attacker's Insight

• When you equip both weapon sets you can select which one sits in F1, and which in F2. These no longer move when you swap weapons.
    • Berserker replaces F1 (Berserk + Primal Burst), keeps F2 [potentially a direct upgrade]
    • Spellbreaker replaces F2 (Full Counter), select which Burst Skill is in the F1 slot [potentially a direct downgrade]
    • Bladesworn replaces... unknown. [I argue Gunsaber should be a weapon Kit via the Elite Skill but that's personal opinion]
    • Option 1: Warrior Burst skills (F1 & F2) can now be selected regardless of what weapon sets are equipped. (i.e. Axe+Axe & Greatsword equipped, but with Mace F1 and Hammer F2 Bursts)
    • Option 2: Gain F3 - Select 1 burst skill that you otherwise would not have access to (i.e. Sword+Torch & Mace+Shield equipped, with Longbow Burst as F3)

I like this idea very much.  My initial thought was a defensive skill like a single block, but with Spellbreaker's "Full Counter" it really would not be great for SB... unless they got another block!!!.

This really would be a nice solution.  

The biggest issue I have is that Berzerker really needs the core bursts available.... everything is loaded into berserker and it is super lame and boring to play when not in Berzerk Transform...

28 minutes ago, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

Good ideas except the Master of Arms trait imo. Remember that trait would still apply to things like spellbreaker and berserker. Being able to have random bursts that are in associated with weapon sets could be problematic IMO. 

Also, for the F1 and F2, I would not have the burst location be selectable, but rather have F1 be the current weapon set and F2 as the currently stowed weapon set, with them flipping when you swap weapons. Locking a singular burst skill for spell would be quite problematic, and, while it would be better than nothing for Berserker, still worse than having regular bursts like berserker used to. 

29 minutes ago, Logos.3042 said:

I like this idea very much.  My initial thought was a defensive skill like a single block, but with Spellbreaker's "Full Counter" it really would not be great for SB... unless they got another block!!!.

Full Counter is a huge boon (Ha!) for Spellbreaker already and a lot of people tend to view Spellbreaker as Warrior 2.0 due to to having better subjective survivability. I wouldn't recommend them getting another block, but I do believe Full Counter should be revised slightly (the various *Counter traits are... pretty bad).

14 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Good ideas except the Master of Arms trait imo. Remember that trait would still apply to things like spellbreaker and berserker. Being able to have random bursts that are in associated with weapon sets could be problematic IMO. 

My thought for Berserker/Spellbreaker was that they would not be able to change F1 (Berserk) or F2 (Full Counter) respectively. They can choose whatever burst they want for the other burst slot though.

16 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Also, for the F1 and F2, I would not have the burst location be selectable, but rather have F1 be the current weapon set and F2 as the currently stowed weapon set, with them flipping when you swap weapons. Locking a singular burst skill for spell would be quite problematic, and, while it would be better than nothing for Berserker, still worse than having regular bursts like berserker used to. 

This was my original thought too; I added the whole "select" bit as a way of further customizing things for Warriors.

Spellbreaker, again, I'm leery about.

Berserker you could simply have it that F1 is Primal, F2 is Regular. If they wanted to add some additional effects, F1 available while in Berserk, F2 available while not in Berserk.

This was all slapped together based on a random thought within 2-3 minutes while reading this post though, so I definitely have not put a huge amount of thought into the whole interplay, haha. It was just to get around the investment of ANet needing to create entirely new skills or interactions and just loosely co-opting the Revenant F1/F2 system.

(I feel bad that my first suggestion for "improving Warrior" ends up being "copy different professions"...)

3 hours ago, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

Full Counter is a huge boon (Ha!) for Spellbreaker already and a lot of people tend to view Spellbreaker as Warrior 2.0 due to to having better subjective survivability. I wouldn't recommend them getting another block, but I do believe Full Counter should be revised slightly (the various *Counter traits are... pretty bad).

My thought for Berserker/Spellbreaker was that they would not be able to change F1 (Berserk) or F2 (Full Counter) respectively. They can choose whatever burst they want for the other burst slot though.

This was my original thought too; I added the whole "select" bit as a way of further customizing things for Warriors.

Spellbreaker, again, I'm leery about.

Berserker you could simply have it that F1 is Primal, F2 is Regular. If they wanted to add some additional effects, F1 available while in Berserk, F2 available while not in Berserk.

This was all slapped together based on a random thought within 2-3 minutes while reading this post though, so I definitely have not put a huge amount of thought into the whole interplay, haha. It was just to get around the investment of ANet needing to create entirely new skills or interactions and just loosely co-opting the Revenant F1/F2 system.

(I feel bad that my first suggestion for "improving Warrior" ends up being "copy different professions"...)

For berserker, I would make F1 core burst locked at 1 bar (similar to spell breaker) and F2 berserk mode. When in berserk mode, F2 is either ”exit berserk mode”, as has been requested by some warriors, or just not a skill, and F1s become primal bursts. Ideally, I would also have berserker be able to enter berserk mode with 1, 2, or 3 bars of adrenaline, and make primal burst skills count towards the trait modifiers based on how many adrenaline bars you had when entering berserk mode. 

I’m still just overall not a fan of picking what burst skills go where in general, regardless of spec. I think the way it works now is pretty good, and I don’t think there’s all that much benefit in changing it personally (I could actually see how it would be worse). Just my opinion though, feel free to disagree 🙂 I definitely really like the idea of core having F2 be the offset burst skill, it’s definitely in the top ideas I’ve heard for expanding core warrior functionality now. 

• Like 1

for me, my suggestion for berserker would be to just allow us to turn berserk mode on and off like shroud.

they should also really remove the drawback from skills, its just poor design and not well received, unless they make it really rewarding, headbutt certainly doesn't warrant a self-stun drawback.

that alone should be more than enough to make berserker functional again in competitive modes without having to touch much else.

they should really merge might makes right and mending might into one trait in tactics. having them in 2 different trait lines is just literally all over the place.

also it would be a nice qol for all of warrior kind to have adrenaline bar decay removed. 

they also really need to un-nerf animation speeds of arc divider, headbutt and shield bash.

for everything else they really, really need to buff weapon coefficients across the board.

they could also rework stances like frenzy, endure pain and balanced stance into f1-3 skills and rework def traitline to supplement it.

we need protection and resolution. and maybe some more tools to gap close as a qol, unless they make rifle and longbow into more viable range options.

i don't know, there are honestly a huge number of things that need fixing. and a lot of directions to fix them.

• Confused 1