Please have option toggle to disable mechanist mech and turtle [Merged]

ardhikaizecson.3697

7 minutes ago, alphafert.6730 said:

I wish there was an option where default state was stowed. I've been playing engi lately & my own mech often annoys me.

Yeah, this is partly why I suggested this in the first place. My Asura Engi is tiny, and quite often, my mech will block my visibility of her.

It's less of a problem with my massive Charr Engi, but it's still very annoying.

I'm surprised it got through QA really.

• Like 2

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to Please have option toggle to disable mechanist mech and turtle [Merged]
1 hour ago, Ashen.2907 said:

The fact that some forum moderator with, apparently, limited reading comprehension skills moved this thread should be a sign of ANet's position regarding mechanist impact on other players.

It is starting to feel like being trolled by Anet.

This isn't some controversial or polarizing subject even a lot of Mechanists agree on things being said. 

I don't go a day without someone complaining about the Jade Tech visuals. Which only makes it harder to ignore. 

Edited by Voyant.1327
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Not sure what the etiquette is around here for bumping older threads, but just throwing my 2 cents in here, the mechs are definitely a huge source of visual clutter on top of an already significantly visually busy game, especially in large-scale group content, even having just 3-5 mechanists causes the bots to be up in your face at almost all times if you're in melee range. I think as others proposed, options pertaining to all familiars, or even just mechs could mitigate this issue quite a bit. For example, in FFXIV, Summoners have quite big summons, however their size can be adjusted to each players liking client side with a simple command (/petsize iirc). I'm sure that something like this would be a welcome change, especially if it's opt in, everyone can have mechs be whatever size they enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1