Emboldened Needs to be Re-worked

1 hour ago, Krzysztof.5973 said:

It's not simple a " just turn it off". For 3 weeks now because of emboldened mode my static is getting (insert kitten here) over with weekly CMs. It's bugged on so many levels that we can't even pin in on one thing to prevent us from getting our CMs. 
Since release of EoD there's been a (insert kitten here) ton of bugs to be fixed. (insert lots of kittens here regarding fixing those bugs)

Well for emoboldended to be turned off you all have to get into instance.

Vote for the buff to vanish. 

If you do that it will be gone the whole wing and your cms will work.

However if anyone dcs or leaves so you have to invite a new person.

You then have to go back and  active amboldened then decativate it again.

Since newly arrived people will come into instance with the buff on and that in turn trigger it to invalidate cm + on for everyone after next boss kill.

3 hours ago, Day Trooper.3605 said:

Emboldened Mode has given myself and others like me the necessary 'boost' (pun intended) to try raids without fear of being ridiculed.  This in turn will increase the raid population and is undoubtedly a good thing for the game.

Emboldened also isn't a total 'win-mode' as failing certain key mechanics will still wipe your party (e.g. Xera shields or Dhuum greens).

Plus, only one raid wing per week is emboldened - and as others have stated, if you don't want it on, then simply turn it off.

TL;DR - Emboldened fine as is.

I'm curious why you were still afraid of trying raids, while you were not afraid of repeatedly trying eod cm strikes?

btw. the idea of having isolated phases/mechanics to train would be better than this "just slap a dmg buff on it" shortcut.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well for emoboldended to be turned off you all have to get into instance.

Vote for the buff to vanish. 

If you do that it will be gone the whole wing and your cms will work.

However if anyone dcs or leaves so you have to invite a new person.

You then have to go back and  active amboldened then decativate it again.

Since newly arrived people will come into instance with the buff on and that in turn trigger it to invalidate cm + on for everyone after next boss kill.

Yes, I know, we did that. We even made sure nobody got the buff. And this week we did not get the emboldened mote in the raid at all because we enter within 1hr after reset (so we think). Last week, on Cairn CM we had to redo it. We entered, turned off the buff, turned on the cm, all while everyone is the instance - and we still did not get the reward. It brought us more trouble than it helped. 

Edited by Krzysztof.5973
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I'm curious why you were still afraid of trying raids, while you were not afraid of repeatedly trying eod cm strikes?

btw. the idea of having isolated phases/mechanics to train would be better than this "just slap a dmg buff on it" shortcut.

When raiding first came out, I joined some training runs, but (due to rl commitments) the few I was able to attend didn't last long -  as folks would bail after an hour or so - and that was that.

Also, one night I had an unpleasant experience with a training run (which again didn't last very long) turned semi-exp, where I was told to run an ele build which I had never ran before.  Things didn't go well and I was basically yelled at for failing.  That left a bad taste in my mouth.

In addition, assuming I had gotten full training, guilds were consistently doing runs after right reset, and that just didn't match up with my playtimes.

And so as time went on, I felt further and further 'left behind' and didn't bother with raids until Emboldened mode - when other new folks would also be trying them out on a 'no pressure' basis.

Further, power creep and various YouTube raid guides (MuklukYouTube ftw!) no doubt help as well.

Concerning EOD strikes, when those came out I made sure to play them right away in order to avoid 'getting left behind again' like I did with raids.  And so when the CMs came out - I felt confident that I knew the mechanics well enough to attempt them.

Edited by Day Trooper.3605

55 minutes ago, Day Trooper.3605 said:

When raiding first came out, I joined some training runs, but (due to rl commitments) the few I was able to attend didn't last long -  as folks would bail after an hour or so - and that was that.

Also, one night I had an unpleasant experience with a training run (which again didn't last very long) turned semi-exp, where I was told to run an ele build which I had never ran before.  Things didn't go well and I was basically yelled at for failing.  That left a bad taste in my mouth.

In addition, assuming I had gotten full training, guilds were consistently doing runs after right reset, and that just didn't match up with my playtimes.

And so as time went on, I felt further and further 'left behind' and didn't bother with raids until Emboldened mode - when other new folks would also be trying them out on a 'no pressure' basis.

Further, power creep and various YouTube raid guides (MuklukYouTube ftw!) no doubt help as well.

Concerning EOD strikes, when those came out I made sure to play them right away in order to avoid 'getting left behind again' like I did with raids.  And so when the CMs came out - I felt confident that I knew the mechanics well enough to attempt them.

Ah, so -if I understood correctly- it's not really the emboldened mode itself for what it does, as much as just generally any change that would potentially "bait" (so to speak) more people in so you could feel more confident about joining groups, where now you've suspected there will be more players that just started playing the content. In reality, the training squads were still on lfg before the emboldened mode, but I guess what's done is done 😛 

Ty for the response.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1